I'm a paralegal with 20 years’ experience in estate administration. Before working at Irwin Mitchell, I worked in the probate departments of two high street banks and a traditional private practice law firm.
I'm responsible for end-to-end estate administration including:
- Meeting with clients at the Irwin Mitchell office, at home, or at nursing homes and hospitals
- Searches of houses for evidence of assets or liabilities
- Registering deaths and arranging funerals
- Liaising with assets providers and valuing the estate
- Contacting everyone who will benefit from the estate
- Getting the Grant of Probate and dealing with Inheritance Tax
- Passing on or selling assets
- Winding up estates and preparing final accounts.