I'm a paralegal with 20 years’ experience in estate administration. Before working at Irwin Mitchell, I worked in the probate departments of two high street banks and a traditional private practice law firm.
I'm responsible for end-to-end estate administration including:
- Meeting with clients at the Irwin Mitchell office, at home, or at nursing homes and hospitals
- Searches of houses for evidence of assets or liabilities
- Registering deaths and arranging funerals
- Liaising with assets providers and valuing the estate
- Contacting everyone who will benefit from the estate
- Getting the Grant of Probate and dealing with Inheritance Tax
- Passing on or selling assets
- Winding up estates and preparing final accounts.
"I am impressed by the professionalism my case was dealt with. The communication between myself and Joanne Pitchfork was timely, prompt, all available options were explained to me, and my opinion was valued. Thank you, Joanne for bringing the good news to me and make the lifechanging events in my life come true." - 5* Trustpilot review
"Joanne Pitchfork of Irwin Mitchell kept me fully informed. Eventually, in spite of all the problems that the pandemic has caused worldwide, I am indeed able to confirm that Irwin Mitchell have recently successfully concluded my delicate, complicated case to my complete satisfaction." - 5* Trustpilot review