Jennifer has considerable experience in all real estate transactions, but has a particular focus on landlord and tenant matters.
She has acted on behalf of many of the country’s largest institutional landlords and now acts for a number of retail tenants.
Jennifer also has experience of acting on significant investment acquisitions and disposals.
- Thorntons PLC: acting on all non-contentious matters in relation to Thorntons’ property portfolio of 200 stores located on high streets and shopping centres nationwide, including new leases, renewal leases and relocations. Recently completed the lease of Thorntons’ flagship store on Oxford Street, London.
- River Island: advising the international clothing retailer on its acquisition of stores and re-sites across the UK. Advised on exchange of agreements for the relocation of one of the retailer’s flagship stores within the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham at a significant rent.
- Wren Living: advised in connection with their vastly expanding network of large kitchen and bedroom showrooms at out of town retail parks nationally. Completed leases in 2013 of retail properties in Sheffield, Harlow, Hemel Hempstead, Cribbs Causeway, Chelmsford, Thanet, Milton Keynes and Warrington.
- Acting for a major landlord on a portfolio of 100 mixed use properties (offices retail, industrial and leisure) at a combined value of in excess of £100 million. Dealing with the day-to-day management of leasing and also disposing of properties out of the portfolio.
- Assisting various shopping centre owners with the disposal and refinancing of several large shopping centres, the largest being over one million square feet, comprising of 170 shops for £280 million.
- Acquiring and disposing of properties for a large pension fund, including car showrooms, shopping centres and high calibre office premises.