Having joined the Regulatory and Criminal Investigations Team in April 2018, Jason has a wealth of knowledge from defending clients accused of criminal offences across the entire spectrum of serious.
Before joining Irwin Mitchell, Jason worked within a busy crime-only practice dealing with cases daily in the police station, during the investigation stage, and court, from plea through to trial.
Jason qualified as a solicitor in 2005.
- Representation of the Chief Executive of a charity accused of bribery. No further action taken by the police following investigation.
- Representation of a Psychotherapist following a complaint made to the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). No further action taken against the client following investigation.
- Representation of a Pharmacist accused of misconduct in a General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) fitness to practise investigation concerning allegations of making a dispensing error, altering a patient’s prescription, failing to follow pharmacy procedure and amending entries on the patient medical record. No further action taken following full investigation.
- Defending a client facing enforcement proceedings brought by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) for non-payment of a £4.5m confiscation order.
- Representing a client prosecuted by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) accused of historic sexual offences. Found not guilty following Crown Court trial.
- Advising two Directors in an investigation by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) into alleged fraud, cheating the public revenue and money laundering.