James has considerable experience in all types of real estate transactions, but has a particular focus on development projects. He also acts on significant corporate and retail lettings, property financing (development and investment) and investment acquisitions and disposals.
- Acting on the purchase of The Former Terrys Chocolate Factory, York, the subsequent disposal of 13.5 acres of land to David Wilson Homes and the ongoing mixed use development (office, residential, care home and hotel) for Henry Boot Developments.
- Acquisition and pre-let for refurbishment to Grade A office space of Elizabeth House, Leeds together with all subsequent lettings and investment sale to an Institutional Fund for J F Finnegan Ltd.
- Acquisition of land for office development of The Edge, York, letting, following change of use as a laboratory to ACM Global Central Laboratory Limited and subsequent investment sale for Shepherd Developments.
- Acting on the relocation of JLL’s regional headquarters in Norwich for JLL.
- Acting for HSBC in connection with the development funding of Seacroft Grange Care Village, Leeds, developed by Springfield Healthcare Group with subordinated funding from Business Growth Fund.
Clients single James out for his "detailed approach" - Legal 500 2016