Hannah provides commercial and pragmatic advice to clients on a wide range of HR issues, including reorganisations, disciplinary proceedings and dismissals. She also regularly reviews and drafts employment contracts, policies and procedures for clients.
Hannah has successfully represented clients in relation to a range of claims including discrimination, unfair dismissal and whistleblowing. She also has experience in negotiating exits and settlement agreements for senior executives.
- Successfully defended one of the world’s top automotive suppliers against Tribunal claims made by a former employee, including a huge discrimination claim. Hannah also successfully applied to the Tribunal for an order that the employee pay towards the company’s legal costs, something which is rarely ordered in the Tribunal.
- Acted for a leading facilities management company in securing an agreement which settled a claim made against it by a former employee. The claim had also been made against an airport (a client of our client), and Hannah achieved a commercial settlement which maintained good relations between our client and their airport client.
- Successfully defended a claim brought against an international bank by one of its former senior employees for unfair dismissal.
- Advised a large number of individuals, under significant time pressure, on the terms of a settlement agreement offered as a result of a mass voluntary redundancy programme carried out by one of the UK’s largest PLC employers.
- Advised a key national materials supplier in relation to a collective consultation process to change employees’ terms and conditions, which resulted in no claims being made against the company by any affected employee.
Hannah qualified as a solicitor in 2010.