Elaine has considerable experience of contentious and non-contentious employment work including tribunal litigation and advocacy, advising clients on day to day employment issues including disciplinary and grievance issues, drafting contracts and policy documents. She also deals with corporate transactional work and has a particular interest in high level employment disputes involving shareholders and/or senior executives.
- Advised a well-known national high street retailer on all employment matters including employment tribunal litigation involving the full range of employment related claims.
- Advised an employer in the leisure and retail industry in relation to a substantial restructure involving collective consultation on almost 100 redundancies and changes to terms and conditions, and successfully avoided any employee claims being pursued.
- Successfully advised a client on the enforcement of restrictive covenants in a case where an employee joined a competing business.
- Provided employment support on a cross border acquisition and transitional service agreement involving three potential TUPE transfers.
- Advised a senior executive and minority shareholder in relation to his exclusion from the business in the context of potential employment and minority shareholder detriment claims.
Elaine qualified as a solicitor in 2005.