Daniel has considerable experience in all areas of corporate finance but has a particular focus on M&A transactions and private equity investments. He works extensively with substantial private companies, private equity portfolio companies, entrepreneurs and management teams and other fast growth businesses.
He has been cited in Chambers for three consecutive years, highlighted as “a first class lawyer who combines technical prowess with excellent time management skills”, and as providing “sound advice and options backed with a good level of commercial understanding of our business”. He is also praised for his “practical and client focussed approach to dealing with matters”, and as being “very on the ball and responds very quickly”.
In both 2016 and 2012 he was named Corporate Lawyer of the Year for the South East by the Insider Dealmaker.
- Advised life-sciences company Destiny Pharma on its £70 million admission to AIM
- Nuffield Health, the UK’s leading not-for-profit healthcare organisation, on a number of transactions including the acquisition of portfolios of gyms from De Vere and from Virgin Active
- Micheldever Tyre Services on multiple acquisitions nationwide representing their biggest period of expansion in their 43 year history
- Hambledon Vineyard plc, England’s premier sparkling wine producer, in relation to a £3.5m fundraising with leading London-based crowdfunding platform Crowdbnk via the issue of convertible preference shares, senior secured bonds and junior secured “English Fizz Mini Bonds”
- Movebubble Limited, an innovative property start-up creating an online collaborative platform for rental properties, in relation to multiple rounds of fundraising raising in excess of £1.35 million from private investors.
- Lonrho plc on its £160m take private by way of a recommended offer under The Takeover Code implemented by way of a court approved scheme of arrangement
- Medica Reporting Group’s management team on their management buyout funded by mid-market private equity house CBPE and debt finance provider HSBC
Leading Individual (Band 2) – Chambers & Partners, 2021
"He is a well respected player in the market with a good ability for delivering corporate transactions." – Chambers & Partners, 2020
"He has great technical capabilities for working on complex transactions," and brings "in-depth knowledge of corporate and commercial matters." – Chambers & Partners, 2019
Provides "timely, pragmatic advice and has high technical skills" – Legal 500, 2018/19
Daniel Bastide is "always capable and confident." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
Clients praise him as "highly effective and committed" and note that he is "pleasure to work with." – Chambers & Partners 2017