I'm Irwin Mitchell's Pro Bono and Volunteering Programme Manager. As part of our Responsible Business Team, my focus is helping colleagues to conduct skills-based volunteering and pro bono legal work which is in alignment to our Responsible Business Strategy.
Acting for a representative beneficiary in litigation involving the provisional liquidation of ARM Asset-Backed Securities S.A. (a Luxembourg-incorporated securitization vehicle). The case involves a range of complex trust and proprietary issues
- Acting for the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan in a case involving issues of state immunity, relief from sanctions and service out of the jurisdiction Mid-East Sales v Republic of Pakistan  2 All ER (Comm) 623
- Advising a BVI company in respect of a shareholder dispute involving multiple parties based in various jurisdictions. The case concerns complex issues of trust and company law as well as breach of directors’ duties
- Acting for a company in a multi-million, multi-party and international dispute involving the supply of goods and services in the oil sector
- Various high-value professional negligence claims against solicitors and accountants arising from negligent tax advice
- Advising a global fashion brand in respect of a restrictive covenant dispute involving breach of confidence and reputation management issues
- Advising an international company concerning claims for compensation under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993
- Advising a large UK charity in respect of claims arising out of the termination of a multi-million facility management agreement
- Acting for one of the major Swiss asset management banks in an application for summary judgment.