Claire is our National Planning Partner and Head of Environment at our Manchester office. She has considerable experience in all aspects of planning and environmental matters relating to a range of sectors. Most notably, in the development (commercial, PRS and PBSA), retail, maritime and waste management sectors.
Claire also acts on property and corporate transactions in respect of bespoke due diligence.
- Advising a large port group in respect of environmental liability and damage in relation to its operations
- Advising a PLC in relation to its acquisitions of multi-site fuel businesses in particular the ongoing environmental liability
- Representing a waste organisation in relation to an odour statutory nuisance claim
- Representing a large wood recycler in respect of an investigation and prosecution brought by the Environment Agency
- Advising a PBSA developer in relation to its regeneration of university campuses in Shropshire
- Advising a large PRS developer in respect of both specialist environmental due diligence on site acquisition as well as negotiation of statutory agreements
- Advising a North West city council in respect of numerous Section 106 obligations.
Claire Petricca-Riding "has more than a decade of specialist experience, initially with niche firms and now bringing her experience to larger commercial firms…"Claire understands the clients’ businesses in the specialist waste industry. She has in-depth knowledge of waste regulation, and also experience as a litigator." - Legal 500, 2021 (Leading Individual)
"Claire is enormously dedicated to her work and her clients. "She is well respected, very straight-talking, easy to get on with and forward-thinking in her approach." - Chambers & Partners, 2021 (Leading Individual - Band 3)
'Claire Petricca-Riding is particularly experienced and able when dealing with environmental problems and development agreements; clients love what she does because she is so commercially grounded' - Legal 500, 2020
'Thorough and has a great tactical overview of her client’s position which means that she gets the best for them, both in and out of court’ - Legal 500, 2019
'Heads the planning and environment team and is rated for her encyclopaedic knowledge and remarkable tenacity' - Legal 500, 2018
'Impressively detailed, specialist knowledge of environmental law' - Legal 500, 2017
Claire is also ranked in Chambers & Partners 2020.