Benjamin joined Irwin Mitchell in 2023 as a solicitor in our national planning and environmental team based in Manchester and works on both contentious and non-contentious planning and environmental matters. Benjamin has experience working for both private and public sector clients.
Benjamin regularly works on matters including:
- Planning and Highway Agreements
- Enforceability and obligations of agreements under the Town and Country Planning Act
- Planning appeals
- Judicial reviews
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) impact and mitigation
- ESG and climate change litigation
- Use and regeneration of greenfield and brownfield land
- Renewable energies including major solar and wind farm projects
- Criminal proceedings
Benjamin also deals with planning and environmental matters specifically within the Sports sector and regularly assists the corporate and real estate departments on transactional and litigious work.
Benjamin’s experience also extends cross-jurisdictionally assisting with a $300m litigation claim relating to a 500MW solar farm in the Omani desert and working closely with a state-owned, major oil and petroleum company within the Middle East.