Ashleigh is a Chartered Legal Executive in the Restructuring and Insolvency team in Sheffield. She specialises in personal insolvency and has significant experience of running court claims and applications and delivering advice in a wide range of bankruptcy matters.
Prior to joining Irwin Mitchell, Ashleigh practised in Civil Litigation as a County Court Advocate, representing many clients in the courtroom for a number of years.
Ashleigh represents both insolvency professional and debtors and is dedicated to finding effective, practical solutions for all of her clients. Ashleigh has a flair for investigation and detail, and enjoys maintaining an in depth technical understanding of insolvency legislation and case law.
Ashleigh regularly delivers training and presentations, both externally to clients and internally to colleagues within the wider business. Ashleigh is currently working with Barnsley College with a view to delivering ‘mock trials’ for students to participate in and generating an interest in the law.
- Acting for a debtor in a cross-jurisdiction annulment application.
- Acting for national insolvency practitioners defending high value Partnership Act 1890 proceedings.
- Acting for local insolvency practitioners in high value possession and sale proceedings and separately in proceedings petitioning for bankruptcy following a failed IVA.
- Acting for national insolvency practitioners in sham / section 423 claim.
- Acting for national insolvency practitioners in possession and sale proceedings centered on Stack v Dowden beneficial interest arguments.