Sam has considerable experience in all real estate transactions, but has a particular focus on development projects, including option agreements, land promotion agreements and conditional contracts. He also acts on all aspects of commercial property transactions.
Sam also has a niche specialism in nitrate neutrality mitigation matters acting on large scale mitigation sites providing offset mitigation to unlock developments in the Solent region. He also acts for developers on the acquisition of “credits” to facilitate grants of planning permission for residential development projects.
- Acting for landowners on a subject to planning conditional contract for the sale of a site capable of delivering 700 homes to a national housebuilder;
- Acting on the completion of numerous overarching Section 106/33 Agreements for landowners on nutrient neutrality schemes providing offset nitrate mitigation for development projects across the Solent region;
- Acting for Nitrate Mitigation Providers on the sale of Credits to Developers to unlock planning consents;
- Acting on the sale of a 200 unit residential development site to a top ten housebuilder;
- Acting on the sale of a 320 unit residential development site with a large commercial park to a top ten housebuilder, with overage, deferred consideration and co-ordinating a multi-discipline legal team;
- Acting on Strategic Land Option agreements and promotion agreements for land promoters, developers, housebuilders and landowners;
- Dealing with purchase and advice on development of a student accommodation site in Exeter delivering circa 120 beds;
- Purchase of a commercial warehouse investment for an investment client and charging to banks;
- Advising on a 15 year commercial lease of a warehouse facility to a national retailer.
"Samuel Knight is very professional and good at getting to grip with the details, he understands why something is important and follows through." - Legal 500, 2021