Serena trained with Irwin Mitchell and qualified into the Restructuring and Insolvency team in 2015.
She is experienced in all areas of both contentious and non-contentious insolvency and restructuring matters. She advises insolvency practitioners, companies, individuals, creditors and debtors on a breadth of personal and corporate insolvency and distress issues.
She has particular experience in contentious insolvency matters and claims brought under the Insolvency Act 1986, specifically for insolvency practitioners in actions against directors and third parties, and for individuals and companies subject to insolvency proceedings or requiring advice and assistance in bringing or defending actions.
Serena is a member of R3.
- Acting for the liquidator of a European company with funds of £3million captured by a worldwide freezing order and subject to a civil appeal.
- Advising liquidator in a multi-million pound action against three directors for misfeasance and wrongful trading.
- Acted for the wife of a debtor subject to a £20million judgment following six years of protracted litigation on a management buyout dispute and advised on third party funds and assets as means to exit an IVA and avoid bankruptcy.
- Acted for an individual on a statutory demand set aside application issued by an Irish Bank for a sum in excess of £45 million.
- Acted for a creditor on a disputed administration application.
- Acted in a substantial action in relation to the disputed beneficial ownership of 11 properties registered in the sole name of a bankrupt.