I lead and manage a Serious Injury team in the London office. I specialise in complex serious injury cases representing clients with brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, and complex orthopaedic injuries. I also deal with high profile fatal claims.
I have built a reputation of handling difficult cases and getting results. I am passionate about helping our clients get the best rehabilitation after suffering life changing injuries. I have expertise in securing substantial interim payments for the purpose of providing rehabilitation, private care packages and accommodation.
I have worked for Irwin Mitchell for 12 years. I trained at Irwin Mitchell and qualified into the Serious Injury team. I am responsible for a team of solicitors specialising in a wide range of complex serious injury cases.
My recent work includes:
- Securing a substantial interim payment to fund the purchase of a Exoskeleton ReWalk device to enable my client with paraplegia to walk.
- Represented the wife and daughter of the deceased in the Crossrail fatality. We represented the clients at the Inquest and their civil claim for compensation.
- Represented a young man who had sustained a severe brain injury at the age of 12. Case settled in excess of £1.1million.
- Represented a talented musician who suffered serious orthopaedic injuries as a result of a road traffic crash. There were difficulties relating to liability. The case successfully settled for £995,000.
- Successfully settled a work related stress claim for a trader.
What inspired you to get into law?
I wanted a career in which I can help people. During my training contract I was able to get a taste of different areas of law. I always knew that I wanted to be a litigator but working with injured clients opened my eyes to what we can offer in respect of rehabilitation, therapy, treatment, aids and equipment to give our clients the best quality of life.
What is the most rewarding aspect of your role?
It gives me great satisfaction that I am able to help my injured clients and their families after what is often a life changing event. I take pride in being able to secure future care, equipment, aids, accommodation and financial support they need as a result of a serious injury. The journey of recovery is often a long one and it gives me great pleasure to see the progress the client has made from having suffered devastating injuries.
What do you like about working at Irwin Mitchell?
I have worked for the firm for 12 years. I did my training contract with the firm and qualified into Serious Injury.
I am surrounded by pioneering lawyers who are not afraid to push the boundaries of the law. I enjoy working with a team of lawyers who are dedicated in getting the best results for our clients. We are a multi service modern law firm offering a wide range of legal services to our clients.
What do you do away from the office?
I am a family man with a young boy. I try to spend as much free time I have with him. He is my pride and joy. I am also a football addict and support a team that has not had much success in recent years. I like to travel and meet new people.