1. The Promoter of the competition is Irwin Mitchell Solicitors. The competition is open to individuals resident in the UK and Eire only. Employees and their families of Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, their associated companies, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible for entry.
2. The competition is open to all amateur photographers. However, no more than 4 images can be entered by each applicant. Minor manipulation of images using Photoshop or equivalent is permitted.
3. Junior entrants must be 17 or under as of 12 October 2015.
4. The copyright of the entire image before and after manipulation must be held by the entrant or the entrant must have the written authority of the copyright owner to submit the photograph for the competition. It is the responsibility of the entrant to seek all permissions required for the image to win under the entrant’s name, and for the display and publication of the entry. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of such authorities or consents.
5. Entries should be digital image only (colour or black and white).
a) Digital images should be submitted via the competition website (www.irwinmitchell.com/embracingprogress) and should be a file size of up to 2.5MB, then saved in JPEG format.
b) Entries from entrants aged under 17 must include approval of a parent or guardian on the online entry form to confirm the competition rules have been adhered to. Online entries from entrants aged under 17 must include the name of a parent or guardian who can confirm the same.
c) The Promoter does not accept any liability for lost, delayed or incomplete entries.
d) All photos entered must be submitted under an individual’s name.
e) It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all necessary permissions are obtained from any person featured in a photograph.
6. Category entries: No image may be entered in more than one category. The judges reserve the right to re-categorise any entry.
7. The judges reserve the right not to make any award if, in their opinion, none of the entries meet the required standard.
8. There will be an overall Embracing Progress photograph winner chosen from the winners from all categories.
9. On submission of photos, contact details must be provided including phone number and email address.
10. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this competition.
11. Once photos are submitted they cannot be changed.
12. All images should have been taken on, or after, 1 January 2015.
13. Judges appointed by the Promoter will choose the winners. The Promoter’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
14. The judges reserve the right in their absolute discretion to declare void any entry.
15. Winners will be announced after 7 December 2015.
16. All winning, commended and short listed pictures will be kept until after the winners are announced and the results together with a selection of the entries will be published.
17. No cash alternative to prizes is available and prizes are non transferable.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to reproduce and exhibit and to license the reproduction and the exhibition of some or all, in whole or part, in all media (now known or hereafter created) of prize-winning, commended and short listed entries without the permission of the entrant or copyright owner or payment for such use, but only in connection with the promotion of and publicity for this competition. The moral right of the copyright owner will be acknowledged.
19. Should the Promoter wish to reproduce and exhibit any prize-winning, commended or short listed entries not in association with this competition, then the Promoter will obtain permission from the owner of the copyright and a reasonable reproduction fee may be payable.
20. CLOSING DATE for all entries is 22 November 2015.
21. Promoter: Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, Riverside East, 2 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8DT.
22. Irwin Mitchell respects your privacy and will not pass on your personal data to any third party.