What We Do
Our specialist Commercial Contracts team provides expert advice on a wide range of commercial arrangements. We deliver robust contracts that manage risk and allow your organisation to operate effectively and achieve its strategic objectives.
Our lawyers provide expert assistance on commercial arrangements in the following areas:
How Our Commercial Contracts Lawyers Can Help
Commercial contracts underpin every business, whether your organisation is an SME or a large multinational.
Our specialist lawyers will ensure that your interests are always protected, while providing advice that is pragmatic and commercially focussed. We take the time to learn about your business, and what you’re trying to achieve. It is through building this understanding and working in partnership with you that we can help you realise your commercial goals.
Whether your organisation operates solely in the UK, or across national borders, relationships with a global network of associated law firms enable us to provide contracts wherever they are needed.
We recognise how important certainty of costs and value is for our clients and will always seek to agree fixed pricing for the work we undertake.
Recent Commercial Contracts Work Includes:
- Advising Jones Lang LaSalle on a range of commercial agreements including the appointment of facilities management suppliers
- Acting for a global leader of cash and self-service check out machines in relation to key hardware, software and service supply arrangements to leading retailers and banks
- Advising a German-based manufacturer on energy supply arrangements with Npower to support its UK manufacturing division
- Assisting leading credit reference agency, Call Credit, on the consumer terms of access and use for its recently launched Noddle service
Specialist Commercial Contract Experience
- Consumer Contracts
Consumer contracts need to be both readable and enforceable. Our lawyers have particular expertise in helping businesses contract with consumers in a way that satisfies both parties. One of our partners sits on the Law Society reference group looking at how industry can contract with consumers more effectively, putting us at the forefront of innovation in this specialist area.
- Core Business And Supply Chain Management
We regularly work on a range of day-to-day business contracts, including:
- Protecting information with confidentiality agreements
- Supply arrangements for goods or services
- Standard terms and conditions to ensure your organisation adopts the best legal position to manage risk
- Audits on supply chains for a fixed price and recommendations on how to alleviate risk and exposure
- Developing Goods And Services
When developing goods and services, it’s important to get advice on the legal issues relating to getting your product to market. Our work in this area includes giving advice and drafting contracts relating to:
- Manufacturing agreements
- Joint ventures
- R&D agreements
- Exploiting Brands (Including Sponsorship And Marketing Arrangements)
Our team is experienced in advising on large scale sponsorship arrangements. We also advise on marketing campaigns including advertising issues and competition terms, working closely with our intellectual property team in this area.
- IT Arrangements
Our IT lawyers advise on a range of information technology matters, including:
- Hardware and software supply
- Bespoke development
- Software as a Service
- Routes To Market
We can assist organisations seeking to expand their markets, renegotiate existing arrangements or looking to transform the way in which their business operates.
Our commercial lawyers regularly advise on:
- Agency and distributor arrangements
- White labelling
- Joint ventures
- Partnering and collaboration arrangements
- Sourcing Arrangements
We can help with all types of commercial sourcing arrangements, with specialist experience in:
- Shared services