The firm's Social Responsibility (SR) programme is a fundamental part of who we are. It is pulled together under four strands: Our People, Our Community, Our Environment and Our Pro Bono.
We are national members of Business in the Community and in 2010 we were ranked in the Business in the Community Corporate Responsibility Index for Top 100 responsible businesses. This index allows us to benchmark ourselves and measure our performance. This highlights our commitment to SR and shows that it is something that we take seriously.
We have a number of stakeholders who have an interest in our social responsibility work and equally, who we like to involve in our activity to ensure that we're focusing our efforts in the right place. From clients to charities, local communities to employees – our stakeholders help us to shape our social responsibility programme.
Our commitment takes many forms, from providing volunteers for community initiatives to providing free legal advice or pro bono, as it is commonly known.
We are clear in our aims and believe in:
- Supporting people in realising their full potential
- Supporting development in the local communities in which we operate
- Taking responsibility for our impact upon our environment
- Continuing to provide first class legal advice to those who need it most
- Ensuring our suppliers are fully compliant with our SR credentials
You can click here to view this as a pdf.