What We Do
Our Pensions team advises on:
- Corporate acquisitions;
- Mergers and reorganisations;
- Setting up and administering pension schemes, and assisting employers and trustees on drafting documentation, negotiations with the regulators, change management and analysis of new cases and legislation;
- Technical aspects of pensions providers’ products;
- Independent trusteeship;
- Pension litigation services.
Recent Pensions Deals
- Re-negotiating an unaffordable recovery plan generating large savings for the employer, and enabling the savings to be reinvested back into its business;
- Utilising unencumbered real estate assets as security for the employer’s liability to the trustees, enabling a much lower employer contribution rate to be negotiated;
- Advising trustees of a pension scheme on the transfer to a special purpose vehicle of real estate owned by a high street retailer to enable the trustees to rely on a guaranteed stream of rental income and bring down the assessed deficit in the pension scheme.
“We completed the transaction with the help and dedication of Irwin Mitchell. This has taken around 18 months to complete. Special thanks from the trustees. The trustees would not hesitate to recommend Irwin Mitchell wholeheartedly to any prospective clients,” Clive Burnham, Chairman of Trustees (for both schemes)