What We Do
Whether you are an investor or investee, Irwin Mitchell has the knowledge and experience to help you throughout the venture capital and private equity lifecycle.
We regularly act for a variety of clients, including entrepreneurs, management teams, angel investors, venture capitalists and private equity funds.
Our corporate team has in-depth experience in:
- Equity and debt investments
- Primary and secondary buy outs
- Public to private transactions
- Portfolio acquisitions
- Equity and debt restructurings
- Acquisition finance
We have a reputation for technical expertise combined with commercial pragmatism. Clients also value our focus on getting deals done seamlessly and efficiently, as well as on time and on budget.
How We Can Help
A good legal team should do everything possible to make a transaction happen on schedule.
We take a balanced, pragmatic approach. Our venture capital and private equity lawyers act for both investors and investees, which allows us to foresee problems from the other side’s perspective and prepare solutions. We concentrate on what’s important, not argue needlessly on what isn’t.
Our breadth of experience with angels, VCs and funds means we know where there is scope for negotiation and where there isn’t. We have solicitors across the UK who are able to service your local needs.
We are totally transparent with regard to our charging structure, which will always be agreed with you at the outset of a transaction so as to avoid any nasty surprises at the end.
For more information on our venture capital and private equity work, you can download our free PDF here.
Recent Venture Capital And Private Equity Deals Include:
- Advised Redevco on the disposal of its Turkish shopping centre business to Blackstone for €200m.
- Acting for funds advised by US/Stamford based Brookside Equity Partners on their first UK investment, the acquisition of a light manufacturing business. Our role involved a full due diligence exercise and negotiations acquisition, equity and senior debt documents.
- Advising the Business Growth Fund on its equity and debt investment in the Horbury Group. Also advising BGF on their £3m investment in Nationwide Window Cleaning Services Limited, a growing Harrogate-based business.
- Advising YFM Equity Partners, one of the UK’s most active investors in small businesses, on recent investments in Wakefield Acoustics and Macro Art Limited, a specialist wide-format digital printer.
- Acted in the $10m equity investment in Iceotope by Aster Capital and Ombu Group. Iceotope have developed an innovative cooling solution for the global data and high performance computing markets.
- Advised the management team of Propeller Holdings on the equity investment by FW Capital.
- Advised a UK management team on secondary buyout of Certara Group by New York based private equity house, Arsenal Capital.
- Advised Sunrise Medical Holdings Limited on its acquisition of RGK Wheelchairs. Sunrise Medical, which is a world leader in the development and manufacture of innovative, high-quality mobility products and services. The company is a global private equity backed business, with a significant presence in Europe, China, the US and South America.