What We Do
Whether you are an investor or investee, Irwin Mitchell has the knowledge and experience to help you throughout the venture capital and private equity lifecycle.
We regularly act for a variety of clients, including entrepreneurs, management teams, angel investors, venture capitalists and private equity funds.
Our corporate team has in-depth experience in:
- Equity and debt investments
- Primary and secondary buy outs
- Public to private transactions
- Portfolio acquisitions
- Equity and debt restructurings
- Acquisition finance
We have a reputation for technical expertise combined with commercial pragmatism. Clients also value our focus on getting deals done seamlessly and efficiently, as well as on time and on budget.
How We Can Help
A good legal team should do everything possible to make a transaction happen on schedule.
We take a balanced, pragmatic approach. Our venture capital and private equity lawyers act for both investors and investees, which allows us to foresee problems from the other side’s perspective and prepare solutions. We concentrate on what’s important, not argue needlessly on what isn’t.
Our breadth of experience with angels, VCs and funds means we know where there is scope for negotiation and where there isn’t. We have solicitors across the UK who are able to service your local needs.
We are totally transparent with regard to our charging structure, which will always be agreed with you at the outset of a transaction so as to avoid any nasty surprises at the end.
Recent Transactions Include:
- Advised Envision Pharma Group on a deal which saw the group being sold by its existing partners the Halifax Group.
- Advised Business Growth Fund on a second tranche of funding for Horbury Group, interior subcontractors
- Advised the management team on the buy out of FMP Global from Bond International Plc backed by Tenzing Private Equity
- Advised The Coaching Inn Group on its acquisition of the Kings Head in Richmond. This is part of the Group's £20m expansion plan backed by Business Growth Fund.
- Advised global digital communications business Next Fifteen on its £1 million investment in Phrasee, a marketing software company
- Advised HireHand, an on-demand staffing platform for small retail businesses, with its seed capital investment from ClearlySo, Europe's leading impact investment bank