What We Do
As one of the fastest growing and most ambitious corporate teams of any law firm in the UK, we regularly work with large corporates, blue chip global brands, fast growing entrepreneurial businesses, private equity and venture capital houses, private individuals, and business owners.
Our corporate services include:
Our corporate team is supported by market-leading practitioners in tax, real estate, employment, pensions, intellectual property, competition, regulatory, litigation, banking and finance and restructuring.
The support we provide extends beyond transactions as we seek to help manage your everyday commercial needs.
How Our Corporate Lawyers Can Help
Our lawyers provide clear, concise and practical advice. We look to understand the economics behind each transaction, so that we can focus on what’s important to you from a commercial point of view. We have experience acting on many different sides of corporate transactions, so we understand where there is potential for negotiation, and where there isn’t.
In addition to offices across the UK, providing coverage in London and the other major financial centres throughout the country, our global network of partner law firms means we can also offer an international and cross-border capability.
Recent Corporate Deals Include:
We help clients across a wide range of industry sectors. Aome recent examples include:
- Advised SIG plc on its acquisition of the Ainsworth Group, a leading supplier of insulation distribution building products. SIG plc is one of Europe's leading suppliers of specialist building products, which generated total revenues of £2.6bn from its 650 branches.
- Advised global real estate advisory firm JLL on its acquisition of office design and fit-out company Bluu Group. Irwin Mitchell has advised JLL on ten acquisitions to date, including the merger with WA Ellis in October 2014.
- Advised haulage business Revis Transport on its acquisition of US-owned Spandler Bros.
- Advising on £2m follow-on investment into The Horbury Group, a Rotherham based construction group, on behalf of Business Growth Fund. This follows on from our previous work advising BGF on its £3.5m investment in The Horbury Group.
- Advising Underwood Meat Company on its purchase of The Manor Sausage Company, which trades as Norsted Manor Meats, a specialist butchery business based in Kent.
- Advised MAM Software Group Inc, listed on NASDAQ, on its acquisition of Origin Software Solutions Limited, a provider of e-commerce solutions for the automotive aftermarket.
- Advised Sunrise Medical Holdings Limited on its acquisition of RGK Wheelchairs. Sunrise Medical, which is a world leader in the development and manufacture of innovative, high-quality mobility products and services. The company is a global private equity backed business, with a significant presence in Europe, China, the US and South America.
- Advising Baytree Logistics Properties on the establishment of a new industrial investment company, with an initial investment by AXA Real Estate Investment Managers who have committed €100m (£71m)
- Advising the Bulldog Hotel Group, a coaching inns operator, on its investment from Business Growth Fund. The Bulldog Hotel Group is planning a £20m expansion across the UK and is named as one of the London Stock Exchange Group's 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2015.
- Advising Reconomy on the company's acquisition of Countrywide Waste Management. Reconomy is a £65m turnover business and backed by private equity firm Bregal Capital. Countrywide Waste Management provides waste management services including collection of food waste.
- Advising pharmaceutical distributor and retailer Lexon (UK) on the acquisition of Norchem Limited.
- Advising Rainbow Dust Colours Limited on its sale to Real Good Food Plc. Real Good Food is involved in the wholesale and manufacture of sugar, baking ingredients, jams and sweet bakery products.
"The team is very quick and proactive - good at project management and gives commercial advice."
Chambers & Partners 2015
"Irwin Mitchell remains a first choice for complex work, and provides well-informed, prompt advice."
“Irwin Mitchell’s lawyers are armed with critical thinking and tactical awareness. They are noted for open-minded and lateral thinking and have a great deal of experience.”
The team, are noted as being "dynamic", providing a "high-quality legal service at a sensible cost" which "always delivers".