What We Do
Irwin Mitchell’s corporate team provides hands-on, practical advice on a wide variety of transactions. Be it mergers and acquisitions, public or private equity, joint ventures and other collaborations or corporate advisory work, we serve and support our clients guiding them through the legal complexities, while ensuring that they achieve their commercial goals.
Our team acts for a wide variety of clients including large corporates, private equity and venture capital houses, entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals and business owners. We are relationship driven and have acted for many of our clients for a considerable period of time.
We advise on all types of transaction, including:
Despite the economic downturn we have expanded our corporate team over the last five years. It is testament to the quality of service we offer that we have continued to grow in such a challenging climate.
Our corporate team is supported by market-leading practitioners in tax, real estate, employment, pensions, intellectual property, competition, regulatory, litigation, banking and finance and restructuring.
Our work extends beyond transactions as we seek to look after our clients’ everyday commercial needs.
How Our Corporate Lawyers Can Help
Our lawyers give clear, concise, practical advice. We look to understand the economics behind each transaction, so that we can focus on what’s important commercially. As we have experience acting on the various sides of different corporate transactions, we know where there is potential for negotiation, and where there isn’t.
Irwin Mitchell has offices across the UK, giving us coverage in London and the other major financial centres throughout the country.
Our corporate team offers advice on domestic transactions, as well as having an international capability through our global network of partner law firms.
Recent Corporate Deals Include:
- Advised on the £21.5m acquisition of Ask4 by Darwin Private Equity
- Advised on the $25m management buyout of Spear & Jackson
- Advised The Royal Bank of Scotland on a £3m funding package to EMSc, a Sheffield company specialising in manufacturing energy saving devices for a range of clients including Premier hotels, the Whitbread Group and Asda
- Advised the privately-owned asset management company, Mercer Real Estate Partners, and an overseas investor on the acquisition of the CMS building in the City, via the acquisition of a BVI corporate structure
- Advised the Mascolo family on the disposal of Toni & Guy’s retail hair products business to Unilever
- Advised IFG Group plc on the acquisition of the James Hay SIPP administration business from Santander for approximately £35 million. The transaction involved complicated business separation issues
- Advised Southbank UK plc on the reverse takeover of Aim Listed Nviro Cleantech plc. This included an acquisition pursuant to the Takeover Code of a CISX listed company and a debt refinancing
- Advised on the sale of Focus NDT to US based MISTRAS Group (NYSE: MG) for an undisclosed sum
- Advised on the £11.75m disposal of Crash-worth Limited to The Innovation Group plc
- Advised Underwood Meat Company on the acquisition of Bramley Foods
- Advised Prolog Print Media on the purchase of Rugby-based Datagraphic Limited
- Advised Mabanaft on the disposal by its subsidiary, South Eastern Fuels Ltd, of its advanced fuels business for an undisclosed seven figure sum
- Advised on the management buyout of K.W.O. Tools (UK) Limited
- Advised Underwood Meat Company on the acquisition of the E Butler wholesale butcher business
- Advised management on the sale of Utility Power Systems to Wolsley plc
- Advised Redevco on the disposal of its Turkish shopping centre business to Blackstone for €200m
- Advised Tishman Speyer on the disposal to Almacantar of the Luxembourg SPV holding the headquarters for the Civil Aviation Authority for £109m
- Advised the Business Growth Fund on its equity and debt investment in the Horbury Group
- Acted in the $10m equity investment in Iceotope by Aster Capital and Ombu Group. Iceotope have developed an innovative cooling solution for the global data and High Performance Computing markets
- Advised on the £2.1m investment by YFM Equity Partners in a £3.9m financing package of investment and working capital facilities, to support the management buyout of Macro Art Limited (a specialist wide-format digital printer)
- Advised the UK management team on secondary buyout of Certara Group by New York based private equity house, Arsenal Capital
"Irwin Mitchell remains a first choice for complex work, and provides well-informed, prompt advice."
“Irwin Mitchell’s lawyers are armed with critical thinking and tactical awareness. They are noted for open-minded and lateral thinking and have a great deal of experience.”
The team, are noted as being "dynamic", providing a "high-quality legal service at a sensible cost" which "always delivers".