What We Do
As one of the fastest growing and most ambitious corporate teams of any law firm in the UK, we regularly work with large corporates, blue chip global brands, fast growing entrepreneurial businesses, private equity and venture capital houses, private individuals, and business owners.
Our corporate services include:
Our corporate team is supported by market-leading practitioners in tax, real estate, employment, pensions, intellectual property, competition, regulatory, litigation, banking and finance and restructuring.
The support we provide extends beyond transactions as we seek to help manage your everyday commercial needs.
How Our Corporate Lawyers Can Help
Our lawyers provide clear, concise and practical advice. We look to understand the economics behind each transaction, so that we can focus on what’s important to you from a commercial point of view. We have experience acting on many different sides of corporate transactions, so we understand where there is potential for negotiation, and where there isn’t.
In addition to offices across the UK, providing coverage in London and the other major financial centres throughout the country, our global network of partner law firms means we can also offer an international and cross-border capability.
Recent Corporate Deals Include:
We help clients across a wide range of industry sectors. Some recent examples include:
- Advised SIG plc on its acquisition of the Ainsworth Group, a leading supplier of insulation distribution building products. SIG plc is one of Europe's leading suppliers of specialist building products, which generated total revenues of £2.6bn from its 650 branches.
- Advised global real estate advisory firm JLL on its acquisition of office design and fit-out company Bluu Group. Irwin Mitchell has advised JLL on ten acquisitions to date, including the merger with WA Ellis in October 2014.
- Advised Ellandi, the UK's leading community shopping centre investor, on its joint venture with The Bridges Property Alternatives Fund III, managed by specialist sustainable and impact investor Bridges Ventures.
- Advised Pemberstone Ventures on its acquisition of Harman Technology, a Cheshire based £19.4m turnover photography business.
- Advising on £2m follow-on investment into The Horbury Group, a Rotherham based construction group, on behalf of Business Growth Fund (BGF). This follows on from our previous work advising BGF on its £3.5m investment in The Horbury Group.
- Advising Underwood Meat Company on its purchase of The Manor Sausage Company, which trades as Norsted Manor Meats, a specialist butchery business based in Kent.
- Advised Sunrise Medical Holdings Limited on its acquisition of RGK Wheelchairs. Sunrise Medical, which is a world leader in the development and manufacture of innovative, high-quality mobility products and services. The company is a global private equity backed business, with a significant presence in Europe, China, the US and South America.
- Advising management in respect of its participation in Baytree Logistics Properties, a new industrial and logistics investment platform established in partnership with AXA Real Estate Investment Managers. Baytree will develop build-to-suit and speculative logistics buildings in prime locations throughout Europe and already has €100m (£70m) earmarked for its project pipeline.
- Advising the Bulldog Hotel Group, a coaching inns operator, on its investment from Business Growth Fund. The Bulldog Hotel Group is planning a £20m expansion across the UK and is named as one of the London Stock Exchange Group's 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2015.
- Advising Reconomy on the acquisition of Countrywide Waste Management. Reconomy is a £65m turnover business and backed by private equity firm Bregal Capital. Countrywide Waste Management provides waste management services including collection of food waste.
- Advising Redditch-based pharmaceutical distributor and retailer Lexon (UK) on the acquisition of Norchem Limited. Lexon’s turnover is £150m and the company employs 400+ people. Norchem operates a wholesale/distribution operation and multiple pharmacies throughout the North East, with a combined turnover of circa £40m. The deal was backed by Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and RBS Invoice Finance.
- Advised SIG plc on its acquisition of HC Groep B.V. HC Groep is a specialist Air Handling systems provider based in the Netherlands and the UK, with turnover of €45m.
"The team is knowledgeable, accommodating and flexible."
Chambers & Partners, 2016
"Knowledgeable, detail-oriented and always extremely responsive."
Legal 500, 2015
"The team is very quick and proactive - good at project management and gives commercial advice."
Chambers & Partners, 2015
"Irwin Mitchell remains a first choice for complex work, and provides well-informed, prompt advice."
“Irwin Mitchell’s lawyers are armed with critical thinking and tactical awareness. They are noted for open-minded and lateral thinking and have a great deal of experience.”
The team, are noted as being "dynamic", providing a "high-quality legal service at a sensible cost" which "always delivers".