What We Do
As one of the fastest growing and most ambitious corporate teams of any law firm in the UK, we regularly work with large corporates, blue chip global brands, fast growing entrepreneurial businesses, private equity and venture capital houses, private individuals, and business owners.
Our corporate services include:
Our corporate team is supported by market-leading practitioners in tax, real estate, employment, pensions, intellectual property, competition, regulatory, litigation, banking and finance and restructuring.
The support we provide extends beyond transactions as we seek to help manage your everyday commercial needs.
How Our Corporate Lawyers Can Help
Our lawyers provide clear, concise and practical advice. We look to understand the economics behind each transaction, so that we can focus on what’s important to you from a commercial point of view. We have experience acting on many different sides of corporate transactions, so we understand where there is potential for negotiation, and where there isn’t.
In addition to offices across the UK, providing coverage in London and the other major financial centres throughout the country, our global network of partner law firms means we can also offer an international and cross-border capability.
Recent Corporate Deals Include:
We help clients across a wide range of industry sectors, some recent examples include:
- Advising Reconomy on the company's acquisition of Countrywide Waste Management. Reconomy is a £65m turnover business and backed by private equity firm Bregal Capital. Countrywide Waste Management provides waste management services including collection of food waste.
- Advising technology company Trillenium UK on a joint venture with ASOS Ventures Limited, the venture capital arm of on-line fashion retailer ASOS Plc.
- Advising Rainbow Dust Colours on its sale to Real Good Food Plc. Real Good Food is involved in the wholesale and manufacture of sugar, baking ingredients, jams and sweet bakery products, Rainbow Dust is a specialist supplier of cake decorating products to the sugarcraft industry.
- Advising Redditch-based pharmaceutical distributor and retailer Lexon (UK) on the acquisition of Norchem Limited. Lexon’s turnover is £150m and the company employs 400+ people. Norchem operates a wholesale/distribution operation and multiple pharmacies throughout the North East, with a combined turnover of circa £40m. The deal was backed by Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and RBS Invoice Finance.
- Advising Elston Holdings, a Joint Venture (JV) between AREO and Chenavari, on the acquisition of Market Gate Shopping Centre, Lancaster.
- Advising SCIO Holdings on its acquisition of Data Intelligence, a company providing market leading business intelligence services to pharmaceutical sales and marketing functions. SCIO Holdings is a US-backed private equity business specialising in the technology sector.
- Advised on the sale of Focus NDT to US based MISTRAS Group (NYSE: MG) for an undisclosed sum.
- Acting for the shareholders of Elekem Holdings Limited in respect of the sale of Elekem to Ensinger Group. Ensinger is headquartered in Germany and employs 2,800 people. The company is engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of compounds and semi-finished materials.
- Advising historic Sheffield manufacturer, HD Sports, manufacturers of the figure skate blades used by every single medallist at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, on its acquisition by a US-based private investment group specialising in manufacturing, retail and distribution.
- Advising Samuel Hodge Group on its acquisition of Mac’Ants Abrasives. Samuel Hodge Group is a privately owned engineering group with operations in the UK and Poland.
- Acting for MIS Motorsport on the sale of the business to Lockton Insurance. MIS is a market leader in motorsport insurance in the UK, Europe and the Far East.
- Advised the Mascolo family on the disposal of Toni & Guy’s retail hair products business to Unilever.
- Advised on the £21.5m acquisition of Ask4, a student broadband provider, by Darwin Private Equity.
"Irwin Mitchell remains a first choice for complex work, and provides well-informed, prompt advice."
“Irwin Mitchell’s lawyers are armed with critical thinking and tactical awareness. They are noted for open-minded and lateral thinking and have a great deal of experience.”
The team, are noted as being "dynamic", providing a "high-quality legal service at a sensible cost" which "always delivers".