What We Do
As one of the fastest growing and most ambitious corporate teams of any law firm in the UK, we regularly work with large corporates, blue chip global brands, fast growing entrepreneurial businesses, private equity and venture capital houses, private individuals, and business owners.
Our corporate services include:
Our corporate team is supported by market-leading practitioners in tax, real estate, employment, pensions, intellectual property, competition, regulatory, litigation, banking and finance and restructuring.
The support we provide extends beyond transactions as we seek to help manage your everyday commercial needs.
How Our Corporate Lawyers Can Help
Our lawyers provide clear, concise and practical advice. We look to understand the economics behind each transaction, so that we can focus on what’s important to you from a commercial point of view. We have experience acting on many different sides of corporate transactions, so we understand where there is potential for negotiation, and where there isn’t.
In addition to offices across the UK, providing coverage in London and the other major financial centres throughout the country, our global network of partner law firms means we can also offer an international and cross-border capability.
Recent Corporate Deals Include:
We help clients across a wide range of industry sectors. Some recent examples include:
- Advised Jones Lang Lasalle on its acquisition of MSCI's Global Corporate Occupiers Benchmarking Business
- Advised Envision Pharma Group on a deal which saw the group being sold by its existing partners the Halifax Group
- Advised Open Objects on its multi-million pound sale to AIM listed IDOX plc
- Advised Diamond Dispersions on its sale to The Lubrizol Corporation Limited
- Advised FinnCap, the corporate broker, on a £13 million share placing for Nasstar, the AIM quoted host managed and cloud computing services provider.
- Advised the shareholders of utilities payments company Glide on the disposal of 75.1% of issued share capital to CableCom
- Advised Hills Numberplates on a £10m investment to support the group's continued expansion plans and also on the company’s acquisition of French number plate manufacture Faab Fabricauto from 3M
- Advised Business Growth Fund on a second tranche of funding for Horbury Group, interior subcontractors
- Advised Peel Hunt, the corporate broker, on a £25 million AIM accelerated book built placing for GB Group, the identity data intelligence specialist
- Advised The Hendy Group on the acquisition of Lifestyle Motor Group
- Advised Micheldever on multiple acquisitions, most recently the acquisition of P&R Autocentres Limited
- Advised Martin St Quinton on the purchase of a majority interest in Gloucester Rugby Club
- Advised SIG plc on three deals including the acquisitions of the Ainsworth Group and of HC Groep BV
- Advised Sunrise Medical on the acquisition of RGK Wheelchairs Limited
"The excellent team at Irwin Mitchell works to a consistently high standard and makes the customer feel valued and important"
Legal 500, 2016
"The team is knowledgeable, accommodating and flexible."
Chambers & Partners, 2016
"Knowledgeable, detail-oriented and always extremely responsive."
Legal 500, 2015
"The team is very quick and proactive - good at project management and gives commercial advice."
Chambers & Partners, 2015
"Irwin Mitchell remains a first choice for complex work, and provides well-informed, prompt advice."
“Irwin Mitchell’s lawyers are armed with critical thinking and tactical awareness. They are noted for open-minded and lateral thinking and have a great deal of experience.”
The team, are noted as being "dynamic", providing a "high-quality legal service at a sensible cost" which "always delivers".