Being injured or suffering a bereavement in a major accident or by an act of negligence can be an intensely traumatic experience. Irwin Mitchell can guide and support you through this difficult time. We can help you find out what happened, and ensure you and your fellow victims are fully and fairly compensated for your trauma.
Experts In Group Compensation Claims
Here are some examples of the group compensation claims that Irwin Mitchell are regularly involved in:
- Passenger transport crashes
- Terrorist attacks
- Use of defective drugs or medical devices
- Ill health caused by working environments
- Superbug claims (clinical negligence)
- Environmental exposure, e.g. chemical spillages
- Food poisoning outbreaks
Fighting Your Corner - From First Contact To Final Outcome
Group compensation claims require highly specialised expertise. It’s crucial to choose a legal firm with proven expertise in cases involving groups of people. Irwin Mitchell has championed many group claims over the last 30 years. We’ve been involved in the most high-profile cases of recent times, including:
- The Pan Am 103 Lockerbie plane crash
- The Hatfield train crash
- The Selby rail disaster
- The Herald of Free Enterprise sinking
- Manchester city centre bombings
- The World Trade Center attacks
- The Marchioness disaster
The Costs Of A Group Claim
It is likely that your action will cost you nothing. There are three possible ways to fund a case without cost:
- We can represent you on the basis of a ‘no win, no fee’ arrangement
- Your building, contents or car insurance policy may have built-in legal expense insurance
- Public funding may be available if you claim as part of a group of individuals who have been injured.
Working With Irwin Mitchell Solicitors
Irwin Mitchell is one of the UK’s most successful and respected law firms. Offering expert legal guidance for individual clients, we are also the law firm of choice for many financial institutions in providing legal services to their customers. We provide clear, straightforward advice and a professional, proactive service. When needed, we will fight fearlessly to protect your interests and those of your loved ones. Many legal needs can be met as they arise or planned for in advance. Others are harder to anticipate. Whatever the circumstances, our commitment to our clients is simple - a law firm for life.
Our Commitment To Group Claim Work
Irwin Mitchell are proud to say that much of our work has brought about changes in the law to improve safety - in the UK and around the world. As a result, our group claims team has won The Lawyer’s litigation team of the year award and the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, the UK’s most respected independent legal directories, rank us as the top legal firm for cases of personal injury.
‘First-rate' firm Irwin Mitchell is praised for its ‘fantastic client care', ‘proactive' approach, ‘unusual diligence' and ‘up-to-the-minute grasp of legal issues'.
Legal 500 2014
"Often they'll take on cases others would avoid and win or achieve good settlements in cases where the prospects of success look limited."
Chambers & Partners 2014
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.
The above information relates to the law in England and Wales.
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.
All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.