Military Injury Claims
Serving in the Armed Forces is, by its nature, a dangerous job. There are risks involved in combat and it is inevitable that people will be injured. However, the MoD has a responsibility to minimise those risks where possible.
You have a right to expect your safety to be protected when not in a direct combat situation, and to have suitable training and equipment to carry out your duties properly when in combat. If you suffer an avoidable injury during military service, just as in any other job, you may be able to make a military injury claim against your employer for failing to properly protect you.
We understand that military cases can differ significantly from civilian claims, but our commitment to you remains the same.
Our military injury claims team has unrivalled experience in handling MoD cases, including air and road crashes, explosions, negligent discharges, diving and parachute incidents and cold weather injuries. We also act for people who have served in specialist units.
Choose a service:
Serving, Surviving and Recovery
These videos explore the inspirational story of our client Stu Pearson, who was seriously injured in Afghanistan.
Meet Our Military Injury Experts
We have military injury experts located right across the country in Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield, Cambridge and Southampton.
The team is headed by Geraldine McCool, who is regarded as 'The Military Master' by The Lawyer, and features experts such as Paul Harrington.
Follow Geraldine on Twitter @GeraldineMcCoo1.
No Win No Fee
With no financial risk*
We offer security and peace of mind when claiming for military injury compensation.
Your Questions Answered
- Does The MoD Take Every Case To Court?
- Can I Claim Before I've Left The Military?
- I Was Injured In Combat, Can I Still Make A Claim?
We’ve successfully helped thousands of people who were injured whilst serving in the Armed Forces.
Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
Have you made a claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and are unhappy with the award? If so our AFCS specialist may be able to assist you.
Our Team On Twitter
Why Choose Us?
- Team includes ex-servicemen and women
- We travel to see our clients
- Offices across the UK
- Over 25 years' experience in military claims
- In the Royal British Legion Solicitor's Group
What We Do To Help You With Your Military Injury Claim
In all cases, we will:
- Pursue your claim fearlessly and tirelessly, with confidence that we can achieve a positive conclusion.
- Make things as stress-free as possible relating to your case, as far as it is possible for us to do so.
- Explain each stage of the process in clear terms, so that you understand what we are doing for you.
Our initial consultations are no-obligation. We know that talking to a solicitor about a claim can be frowned upon when you’re in the military, so you can be sure that our service is strictly confidential.
For more information on making a military injury claim, download our free brochure (PDF).
"Leading player" Irwin Mitchell "handles every case thoroughly and compassionately."
Legal 500 2015
"They are excellent, very knowledgeable and considerate to their clients, in whom they take a personal interest."
Chambers & Partners 2016
The above information relates to the law in England and Wales.
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.
All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.
Choose a service: