Personal Injury Compensation
If you have suffered a personal injury or illness, you may find that you’ve had to make changes in your life.
Our expert personal injury lawyers understand that compensation is only part of the story, and could help you to access the right rehabilitation, medical care and support you and your family may need.
Each year we help thousands of people to make successful claims after an accident or illness. You can rely on us to fight fearlessly to protect your best interests and achieve a positive outcome for you and your family.
Contact us for expert advice from an experienced team of solicitors. We have specialist lawyers based in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton, as well as a consulting office in Middlesbrough.
To read more about the types of personal injury claim you can make, please select the service you require from the menu below.
Choose a service:
As Seen On TV
When you've been injured, claiming for compensation is only one part of the story.
No Win No Fee
No Win No Fee with no financial risk*
Our 'No Win No Fee' agreement offers security and peace of mind when making a personal injury claim.
Your Questions Answered
You can view a selection of frequently asked questions about making a claim for personal injury compensation.
Take a look at some of the recent work we’ve done to secure the right rehabilitation, medical care and financial support for our clients.
"Don't Quit, Do It"
We want to show the ways people can get involved in disability sport and some of the inspiring journeys our clients have made.
Why Choose Us?
- Deal with personal injury experts
- Thousands of successful claims each year
- Offices across the UK
- Over £1 billion secured for clients in the last two years
- 9 out of 10 clients would use our legal services again
Family Life With Mac
Mac was born with cerebral palsy after complications during birth. Watch our video series to see how we're helping him and his family.
Access All Areas
We’re highlighting how the live music experience for disabled people can be improved at concerts and festivals.
Personal Injury Compensation: What You Can Expect From Our Solicitors
- You will deal with friendly and professional lawyers
- You will benefit from our expert knowledge of compensation claims
- We will immediately start to investigate who was responsible for your injury or illness
- We will seek to access part of your compensation settlement early if this would help you pay the bills or fund private healthcare or rehabilitation
- We will give you clear advice on financial issues, state benefits and dealing with your employer where necessary
- You can meet us to discuss your compensation claim at a time and place that suits you
We know that making a personal injury claim can seem daunting. Our expert personal injury lawyers are trained to help you understand the process of making a claim and will explain what is happening in simple terms.
We have helped hundreds of thousands of people to claim compensation in a range of circumstances, including after:
Personal Injury Claims In Scotland
The personal injury experts in the Irwin Mitchell Scotland office in Glasgow can help with claims under Scottish law.
Irwin Mitchell is proud to be accredited by the Association Of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
"Leading player" Irwin Mitchell "handles every case thoroughly and compassionately."
Legal 500 2015
"They are excellent, very knowledgeable and considerate to their clients, in whom they take a personal interest."
Chambers & Partners 2016
Contact Our Personal Injury Solicitors Today
Our personal injury experts are here to help if you have suffered as a consequence of an injury or illness that wasn't your fault. For a free initial consultation, call us on 0800 056 4110 or contact us online and we'll call you back when it's convenient for you.
The above information relates to the law in England and Wales.
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.
All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.
Choose a service: