What We Do
Our mergers and acquisitions lawyers have years of experience of providing advice on a variety of M&A transactions in the UK and overseas.
We advise corporate clients, financial institutions, management teams, private equity firms and business owners on a variety of transactions from the relatively straightforward to the very complex. Our expertise includes:
- Cross border transactions
- Acquisitions and disposals of private and public companies
- Acquisitions and disposals of businesses and assets
- MBOs and MBIs
- Joint ventures and other forms of collaboration arrangements
How Our Mergers And Acquisitions Lawyers Can Help
Our corporate team has years of experience helping private and listed companies and a variety of other parties with their M&A needs.
M&A transactions can have a range of technical considerations that need to be addressed such as tax, competition, pensions, environmental or regulatory. As a full service law firm, we have specialists across all these areas. Our corporate team ensure that their advice is properly coordinated and focused upon achieving our clients’ commercial goals.
We pride ourselves on being responsive and delivering concise, practical advice which is focused on problem solving and getting the job done (assuming that is in our client’s interest).
We are well known in the M&A community which means that we can ensure that where appropriate we introduce our clients to the very best professional advisors in related areas such as corporate finance.
Recent M&A Deals Include:
We help clients across a wide range of industry sectors. Some recent examples include:
- Advised Micheldever on multiple acquisitions, most recently of Car Tec (GB) Limited
- Advised Chesney's on growth capital provided by the Business Growth Fund
- Advised Engage ESM on the sale of the business to French-owned Atos SE
- Advised The Subura Group (Pet Brands) on the acquisition of Vital Pet Products
- Advised Pressure Technologies Plc on its acquisition of Martract Limited
- Advised Business Growth Fund on the injection of £11m growth capital to holiday park operator Coppergreen Developments to support the acquisition of Piperdam Golf and Leisure Resort, located in Dundee, and further expansion of the group
- Advised Brown Shipley on the acquisition of the Roberts Partnership which has £450m of funds under management
- Advised Envision Pharma Group on a deal which saw the group being sold by its existing partners the Halifax Group
- Advised FinnCap, the corporate broker, on a £13 million share placing for Nasstar, the AIM quoted host managed and cloud computing services provider.
- Advised the shareholders of utilities payments company Glide on the disposal of 75.1% of issued share capital to CableCom
- Advised Hills Numberplates on a £10m investment to support the group's continued expansion plans and also on the company’s acquisition of French number plate manufacture Faab Fabricauto from 3M
- Advised Business Growth Fund on a second tranche of funding for Horbury Group, interior subcontractors
- Advised Peel Hunt, the corporate broker, on a £25 million AIM accelerated book built placing for GB Group, the identity data intelligence specialist
- Advised The Hendy Group on the acquisition of Lifestyle Motor Group
“On behalf of the entire crew I would like to thank you very much for your outstanding and professional support in this transaction. I personally appreciated your drive, your engagement and your negotiation skills in very difficult and sometimes delicate situations. It has been a great pleasure for me working with you together – and you can be sure, that I will remember Irwin Mitchell whenever we will need legal assistance in the UK in the future.”
Head of Group Services, Global Manufacturer and Distributor
"The excellent team at Irwin Mitchell works to a consistently high standard and makes the customer feel valued and important"
Legal 500, 2016
"The team is knowledgeable, accommodating and flexible."
Chambers & Partners, 2016
"Knowledgeable, detail-oriented and always extremely responsive."
Legal 500, 2015
"‘Experts in their field’ who ‘provide timely advice comprehensively and accurately’"
"‘The level of service is excellent, they are responsive and always meet deadlines, providing a good personalised service’"