For many people a cruise is the holiday of a lifetime. So when things go wrong, it can be all the more upsetting.
Cruise ship operators have a duty to follow clearly set out procedures to minimise the risk of an illness outbreak, and to contain it if one occurs. With so many passengers in such a confined area, outbreaks can spread very quickly if the proper hygiene and other precautions aren’t taken.
If you’ve suffered a gastric illness on board or following a cruise, you may be able to claim compensation. We have helped thousands of passengers to claim compensation for illnesses which include:
- Viral Gastroenteritis
- Other Gastric illness (symptoms can include vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach cramps, nausea or lethargy)
- Legionnaires’ disease
While the majority of people do eventually recover from a cruise illness, some are left with long lasting and sometimes permanent effects. Our specialist lawyers will ensure your claim for compensation takes into account:
- Any pain and suffering
- The cost of your ruined cruise
- All expenses and financial losses due to your illness
- Any future expenses including medical or care needs
Our Experience in Cruise Illness Compensation Claims
We are the leading UK law firm for illness claims aboard cruise ships, and have successfully recovered compensation for hundreds of clients including:
- Thomson Dream – we have successfully represented a number of passengers who suffered gastric illnesses on board the Thomson Dream cruise ship in 2010 and 2011. We also currently represent a number of passengers following cruises on the Thomson Dream in both 2013 and 2014.
- Fred Olsen Boudicca – our team secured a six-figure settlement for 130 passengers on the Boudicca liner.
- MS Sundream – an outbreak of Norovirus on board this ship left several clients with long term illnesses including chronic fatigue syndrome and irritable bowel syndrome. Our lawyers secured over £250,000 for 58 passengers.
- SS Ausonia – we recovered more than £250,000 after a number of passengers were diagnosed with Salmonella food poisoning following their cruise.
How We Handle Cruise Illness Claims
We have successfully pursued claims for many hundreds of passengers (including individual clients and groups of clients) following cruise illness outbreaks. There are well-established procedures to prevent and minimise the spread of an illness on board cruise ships. You may be able to claim compensation for a cruise illness if:
- You consumed contaminated food or drink on board
- You were not properly warned of the risk of illness before you boarded
- There was a failure to take reasonable steps to contain a known illness outbreak
At all times, we will handle your claim with understanding and sensitivity. We understand that as well as suffering an unpleasant illness, you may also have had the holiday of a lifetime ruined and you may have been left with serious and even permanent symptoms. Our lawyers will fight to ensure that you not only get the compensation, but also the justice you deserve.
Contact Us To Talk About Making A Claim
For a free consultation about making a compensation claim for cruise illness, call us free on 0800 056 4110 or contact us online.
Practice head Clive Garner is a “game changer, who knows foreign and international law like the back of his hand”
Legal 500 2015
"They are efficient and pay extraordinary personal attention to the client."
Chambers & Partners 2016
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.
The above information relates to the law in England and Wales.
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.
All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.