0370 1500 100
Request a call back
Send us an email
Request a call back
Send us an email
I am an associate solicitor in the market leading International Personal Injury team in Birmingham. I have particular experience in group claims and cross border disputes. I manage a team which primarily deals with group actions against UK based tour operators, or single party actions against defendants in foreign countries (often working with foreign lawyers).
I also handle claims which involve illness outbreaks on cruise vessels and outbreaks of illnesses such as E-Coli and Salmonella.
My recent cases include the fatal outbreak of Legionnaires Disease in Stoke-on-Trent in 2012 and numerous illness outbreaks in hotels across the world and on cruise vessels.
I frequently appear in the press commenting on this field and I have been quoted in the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Times and The Daily Mirror. I have also been interviewed by the BBC, ITV and Sky News.
In 2016 I was named as the Young Professional of the Year at the Signature Awards in Birmingham. The Signature Awards celebrates the work of Asian professionals working in a range of industries including banking, accountancy and law.
You can find me on Twitter @jatinderpaul_IM.
I wanted to do something that was both challenging and rewarding, and I work in an area of the law that incorporates both of these aspects. It’s great that my work has the potential to change people’s lives on a daily basis.
Irwin Mitchell is the market leader for personal injury claims and I embrace the firm’s modern in its approach and outlook. We aim to improve the quality and standard of our client’s lives as much as we possibly can with the support of our comprehensive in-house team which includes client liaison managers, court of protection lawyers and asset management consultants.
Going to the gym, visiting the cinema and raising my young daughter who keeps me very busy.
“The couple were supposed to spend their holiday relaxing and enjoying themselves, but they were not only left suffering with gastric illness, they had to endure it in a room they felt was unclean and unsuitable.
“We have seen first-hand how much of an impact gastric illness can cause and the effects it can have on the many people who suffer long-lasting problems.
“No one goes on holiday expecting to suffer from illness problems as this couple did and we would encourage TUI UK Ltd to look into the matter to prevent other holidaymakers suffering from the same issues.
“I would encourage anyone who has stayed at the Caribe Club Princess Resort and Spa and has since experienced gastric symptoms, to see their GP at the earliest available opportunity. We would also like to speak with them as they may be able to help our investigations.”
“Cryptosporidium is caused be a microscopic parasite and it can have serious and long-term health implications for those affected.
“We now represent more than 50 people who were impacted by the Cryptosporidium outbreak at the Marelen hotel with more enquiries coming in daily. We have launched our own investigations into the circumstances of the problems they suffered during holidays booked through Thomas Cook.
“We have now heard from many of our clients that there were problems with faeces in the swimming pool at the hotel and many of them believe this issue was not dealt with as thoroughly as it could have been.
“It is deeply concerning to have had so many people come forward suffering with the same illness who stayed at the hotel around the same time.
“We would encourage anyone who has stayed at Marelen Hotel and has since experienced gastric symptoms, to see their GP at the earliest available opportunity. We would also like to speak with them as they may be able to help with our investigations.
“There also needs to be a clear understanding by Thomas Cook as to why this has happened and reassurances that, if not already done so, steps are being taken to try and prevent the same thing happening again.”
“Cryptosporidium can have serious health implications for those affected and in our work we have seen first-hand the long-term issues that it can cause, from which some victims may never fully recover.
“It is deeply concerning to have had this number of people fall ill at the same hotel at the same time – especially children – the youngest of which was just one years old.
“We would encourage anyone who has stayed at Marelen Hotel and has since experienced gastric symptoms, to see their GP at the earliest available opportunity. We would also like to speak with them as they may be able to help our investigations.
“There also needs to be a clear understanding by Thomas Cook as to why this has happened and reassurances that steps are being taken to try and prevent the same thing happening again.”
“What the Hughes family experienced was incredibly distressing, especially when they were expecting a relaxing and care-free holiday.
“Appropriate standards of hygiene in the restaurants of hotels are crucial if illness is to be prevented.
“I hope TUI UK Limited, who own the First Choice brand, are working quickly to resolve the issues they have at the hotel as giving out holiday vouchers to those affected is simply is not good enough.
“We have first-hand experience of our clients being offered derisory vouchers by tour operators to discourage them from claiming what is rightly available to them through the civil justice system. It would cost a whole lot more than £50 for the family to go on another holiday.
“As well as the issues with the food, the family said the hotel itself was in disrepair with broken tiles around the pool and birds flying around uncovered food in the restaurant.
“We would like to hear from anyone who was staying at the resort at the time who may also have suffered with illness as they may be able to help with our investigations.”