Family Of Asbestos Gasket Maker Appeals For Help After Mesothelioma Death Expert Industrial Disease Lawyers Investigating Asbestos Exposure 15.07.2015 The family of a former asbestos gasket maker who died from mesothelioma, an incurable cancer of the lung lining caused by asbestos exposure, is appealing for witnesses to come forward to provide information on how and where she was exposed to asbestos. Eileen Haynes, from Cannock, Staffordshire died at the age of 83 in October 2014, after a short battle with the disease, caused by exposure to asbestos decades ago. Now, her niece, Sandra Brough has instructed specialist industrial disease lawyers at Irwin Mitchell to investigate how and where her aunt was exposed to the deadly dust. Before her death, Eileen told her treating consultant at Stafford Hospital that she believed she was exposed to asbestos while working for the Copper and Asbestos Washer Company Limited, in Uxbridge Street, Hednesford, where she was employed from approximately 1949 to 1955. Her role at the company was in the manufacturing of copper-coated asbestos gaskets used in the engines of motor vehicles Industrial disease lawyers at Irwin Mitchell understand that she worked alongside a large number of other local women pressing out the gaskets. Her family believe she was never provided with face masks and that the working environment was very dusty. Eileen’s niece, Sandra, from Hednesford and her legal team are now appealing for anyone who knew Eileen when she worked at the Copper and Asbestos Washer Company Limited, or who previously worked at the factory, to come forward to provide information on the working practices at the factory and the use of asbestos materials. Satinder Bains, a Partner and specialist asbestos-related disease lawyer said: Expert Opinion“Mesothelioma is a very aggressive, and sadly, incurable disease that causes a great deal of pain and suffering for victims, as well as their families who witness its impact. “The number of mesothelioma fatalities continues to grow and we would like to hear from anyone who remembers Eileen from the factory, or worked there around that time and can tell us about the working conditions at the site.” Satinder Bains, Partner Sandra said: “It was absolutely terrible to see my aunt suffer in the final months of her life. She was unaware of the dangers of asbestos and the horrendous impact it can have on workers’ health. “We would urge anyone who has information about working at the Copper and Asbestos Washer Company and the protection put in place for my aunt and others to come forward as soon as possible so we can secure justice in her name.” Anyone with information on working conditions at the Copper and Asbestos Washer Company Limited should contact Satinder Bains on 0121 214 5281 or email Satinder.Bains@IrwinMitchell.com. If you or a loved one has been affected by an asbestos related illness, our solicitors can help you to claim compensation. See our Asbestos Claims page for more information. Key contact Satinder Bains Partner 0370 1500 100 Email Satinder Tags Personal Injury Asbestos Mesothelioma Birmingham Satinder Bains Related articles 25.05.2017Mum-of-Two Left Needing Emergency Surgery As Doctors Failed To Diagnose Sepsis 24.05.2017Lawyers Welcome 'Step Forward' In Wahaca Illness Legal Battle 23.05.2017Terminally Ill Hospital Worker Appeals To Former Colleagues After Asbestos Cancer Diagnosis 22.05.2017Former Commercial Manager Appeals To Former Colleagues For Help Following Cancer Diagnosis 22.05.2017Wallsend Road Bridge Asbestos Removal Welcomed 'But Questions Remain'