Irwin Mitchell’s specialist Public Liability Unit has assisted a client to obtain compensation after he suffered from food poisoning after eating at a London restaurant.
Our client developed symptoms of acute gastroenteritis having visited Bar Soho in London at midnight on 25 September 2009.
He had tried a vegetable spring roll which was cold and tasted revolting and 'off'. The following morning he had stomach cramps and then later developed diarrhoea. The following morning our client developed a fever in addition to the diarrhoea.
Our client consulted his GP and a stool sample was taken. The stool sample confirmed Campylobacter and the GP reported the matter to the Health Protection Agency.
The illness had no long term effects and he did not need to consult his GP again. The duration of the illness was approximately five days following which he was able to return to work but some symptoms persisted for a further week.
Liability was denied by the Defendant's insurers who were acting for the Bar Soho. However, an out of court settlement was agreed for the client in the sum of £1,500.
If you or a loved one has suffered food poisoning due to poor hygiene standards, our illness solicitors could help you claim compensation. Visit our Food Poisoning Claims page for more information.
Back to Client Story