The family of a deceased Head Master in County Durham, who was exposed to asbestos in the workplace, have received a successful compensation settlement of just over £130,000.
The claim by the family was settled by Isobel Lovett, a Solicitor at the Irwin Mitchell Newcastle Office, just before trial.
The Head Master who developed mesothelioma, an asbestos related disease, was exposed to relatively low levels of asbestos when regularly helping out and overseeing works of maintenance on his School’s building and heating system. The boiler and the pipes of the heating system were lagged with asbestos.
Isobel Lovett said, “I am pleased with the outcome of the case for the family. Mesothelioma is a fatal cancer of the lung lining which develops as a result of inhaling asbestos dust. Unlike other asbestos related conditions it can occur after exposure to minimal levels of dust.”
Back to Client Story