Since the Government announced major changes to the benefits system Aspire has been committed to ensuring that spinal cord injured people who receive welfare benefits are supported through these changes.
Following on from concerns that we have identified around accessible support and advice, Aspire has established a new Welfare Benefits Service. This new service has a dedicated caseworker who will ensure the claimant receives the correct benefit entitlement and advice.
This will be predominantly a telephone service, but in some cases, Aspire will be able to arrange home visits and support claimants at appeal tribunal hearings.
The advice service will be able to:
- Provide answers to general benefit questions
- Explain how the welfare reform will impact you and your family
- Provide expert advice on all benefit matters
- Support in completing forms and on-line applications
- Prepare evidence and advocacy at appeals
If you think that Aspire may be able to help you, please call 020 8420 6711
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Aspire and the support they can provide, visit: www.aspire.org.uk