Neglect, Abuse & Criminal Injury Claims | Irwin Mitchell Solicitors

Neglect, abuse and criminal attacks can all have serious and long-lasting effects, not only on the person directly affected but also on their families and loved ones.

If you or a loved one has been left with physical or psychological injuries after neglect, abuse, an assault or a terrorist attack, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. This is particularly true if your injuries were caused by someone you know or trust, or by police officers who are supposed to protect us.

How Irwin Mitchell Can Help With Neglect, Abuse And Criminal Injury Claims

Our specialist solicitors have years of experience in helping people not only to claim compensation in these circumstances but also to come to terms with what happened and access specialist support.

“I just felt that they were very competent and that I could trust them, which is very important in a case like this. It’s hard to explain – I have nothing but praise about how we were treated.” Peter, London
Read more client testimonials

Our sensitive, professional experts will listen to your story and give you expert advice on the best way forward. We recognise that it can be very difficult to talk about abuse or neglect, so we will always provide you with support reassurance as well as legal advice.

Many of our team specialise in these kinds of issues so you can be sure we have the experience needed to help you. We will talk you through all your options and we won’t pressurise you to take any action you’re not comfortable with.

If you decide to make a claim, we will work tirelessly to achieve a positive outcome for you. We can also put you in touch with support groups and help you access specialist treatment. Most claims can be settled without the need to go to court, but if a court appearance is needed you can rest assured that we will fight fearlessly to protect your best interests.

If you are ready to talk to someone about what has happened to you, contact us for solid, plain-English advice on making a compensation claim. Call us on 0800 056 4110 or get in touch online and we will get back to you.


Legal 500

“Leading player" Irwin Mitchell "handles every case thoroughly and compassionately."

Legal 500 2015

Chambers 2016 

"They are excellent, very knowledgeable and considerate to their clients, in whom they take a personal interest."

Chambers & Partners 2016

Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.


Neglect, Abuse & Criminal Injury Claims

  • Child Abuse Claims
    Compensation can never entirely erase the distress caused by sexual, physical or emotional abuse. Even so, financial compensation can help victims of child abuse to rebuild and improve the quality of their lives.
  • Claims Against the Police
    If you believe that you’ve been mistreated by a police officer, we could help you make a claim against the police force for compensation or damages.
  • Criminal Injury Claims
    If you have been attacked or assaulted in the UK in a criminal attack, Irwin Mitchell could help you seek compensation for your injuries.
  • Elder Abuse Claims
    Abuse of the elderly can happen in nursing homes, hospitals, day centres and even in a person’s own home. Whatever your circumstances and experiences, our highly trained and dedicated lawyers will provide clear, compassionate advice on all elements of elder abuse claims and compensation.
  • Terrorism Related Injury Claims
    If you’ve been injured in a terrorist attack, we can give you comprehensive legal advice and help you claim compensation for the trauma and injuries you experienced.

The above information relates to the law in England and Wales.

* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.

All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.

Call our experts FREE on:

0800 056 4110

Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.