Our expert mesothelioma lawyers will handle your claim at no cost to you* and in the vast majority of cases you will receive 100% of your compensation**.
Compensation Claims For Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a form of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you will find that it has a huge effect on your life and the lives of those close to you.
- Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that most commonly affects the lining of the lung (pleura);
- It can also occur in the lining of the abdomen (peritoneum) and the heart (pericardium);
- The disease can take between 20 – 50 years to develop following the first exposure;
- The only known cause of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos.
"Thank you for managing my father's claim so quickly and efficiently. The whole process was carried out with total professionalism resulting in a stress free time for him, which I am truly grateful for." Jill.
Read more client testimonials
We have helped many clients with mesothelioma compensation claims after a diagnosis of the asbestos-related disease, so we are very familiar with the symptoms you will be experiencing and the issues that you and your loved ones will be facing. We also understand all the legal ramifications for someone with this debilitating disease and how we can help you access much-needed compensation.
How Our Mesothelioma Solicitors Can Help You
In most cases, people develop mesothelioma through being exposed to asbestos at work. Employers should protect workers from coming into contact with hazardous substances; if they have not done so in your case and you are suffering as a result then you can apply for compensation. Even if you no longer work for that employer, or the company no longer exists, you may still be able to claim.
We believe every client has the right to seek compensation to make life a little easier in these very difficult circumstances.
We are also very mindful of the fact that it is hard enough to come to terms with having this disease without also having to go through any stress related to finding good quality, expert legal advice. Our highly specialised mesothelioma lawyers, who deal with asbestos-related diseases every day, will deliver legal advice sensitively and in plain language so that you know what to expect over the course of your claim.
Our friendly, professional service includes:
- A home visit for all clients to ensure an early investigation of who is to blame for your injuries
- Undertaking immediate investigations to determine who was at fault
- Obtaining early interim payments where possible to support you financially
- Expert advice on state benefits, employment rights and other financial issues, including completion of welfare benefits forms
- Working in your best interests and giving you quality legal advice, backed by many years of experience in supporting sufferers of mesothelioma and their families
- Help if you need it from solicitors in our other departments, such as financial planning, personal injury trusts, wills advice and powers of attorney
Proud Supporter Of Mesothelioma UK
Irwin Mitchell is proud to support Mesothelioma UK in providing specialist mesothelioma education, information and support services.
What Irwin Mitchell Does To Help Sufferers
Seeing the effects of the disease first hand has led us to be at the forefront of the campaign for research to improve the quality of treatment available to mesothelioma victims. We have:
- Given active support for the establishment of a National Research Centre for Asbestos Related Diseases. It is proposed that the centre would create a much needed network for existing and new research groups around the UK and Ireland, to allow them to work closely together as a virtual centre
- Supported research into the condition through fund raising work with, and providing administrative support to, the June Hancock Mesothelioma Research Fund
- Campaigned alongside the Forum of Asbestos Victim Support Groups – UK and the medical profession for new and improved treatments to be made available on the NHS
- Attended various events and conferences to help raise awareness of Mesothelioma as part of 'Action Mesothelioma Day' in 2013. Click here for more details
- Supported Mesothelioma UK in providing specialist mesothelioma education, information and support services since its inception in 2004
- Successful in the Supreme Court judgement which ensures insurers who provided employers liability cover at the time of exposure are liable for their illness, providing clarity, comfort and justice for thousands of future mesothelioma sufferers
- Succeeded in a landmark High Court judgement, the first of its kind, which means hospices can recover costs from the defendant in a successful negligence claim, ensuring hospices are able to continue to provide their invaluable service to people in need of palliative care and their families
But for now, for you, we will fight fearlessly to achieve the best possible outcome in your claim for compensation. Our mesothelioma lawyers are highly qualified and experienced in handling this kind of claim and will put your needs and best interests at the forefront of everything they will do.
Our team includes many of the country’s highly specialised mesothelioma lawyers. They operate in very specialised teams, offering the highest level of legal expertise in mesothelioma claims and will visit you at home.
Adrian Budgen from our asbestos-related disease team talks about how we help our clients to access interim compensation payments and support.
Video Case Study
Malcolm developed mesothelioma as a result of being exposed to asbestos at work in the 1950s and 60s. Our expert lawyers helped Malcolm to make a successful compensation claim. In this video, Malcolm talks about his working conditions and also about how he continued to enjoy cycling, even after his mesothelioma diagnosis.
Sadly Malcolm recently lost his battle with mesothelioma. Our thoughts are with him and his family.
Talk To Us Today About Making A Mesothelioma Claim
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and would like to talk about making a claim, contact us today for free initial advice.
For more information on making a mesothelioma claim, download our free brochure (PDF).
"Irwin Mitchell is seen as 'premier league' in asbestos-related disease and allied respiratory illnesses.”
Legal 500 2013
"They were very professional, very understanding and sympathetic. I would recommend them without a doubt and with no hesitation."
Chambers & Partners 2016
The above information relates to the law and procedures in England and Wales.
*Subject to entering a ‘No Win, No Fee’ agreement with us and complying with its terms.
** Does not apply to group actions, criminal injuries or accidents and illnesses outside England and Wales and is subject to compliance with the terms of your funding arrangements.
All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.