Accidents At Work Guide

Can I Make A Self-Employed Work Accident Claim?

Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be able to make a compensation claim – even if you’re self-employed. Our specialist workplace accident solicitors have experience helping many self-employed people, so we’re well-placed to advise you on what action to take.

If you’re a self-employed worker and your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, our lawyers could help you claim compensation. We also have experience helping people who aren’t full-time employees, such as:

  • Temporary staff
  • Probationary staff
  • Agency staff
  • Sub-contracted staff

Can I Claim If I’m A Contractor/Sub-Contractor?

As long as you can prove that someone else was at fault, you could make a claim as a contractor/sub-contractor. This is a common situation in construction, where there may be many sub-contractors on site. It depends on the overall management of the site as to who is responsible for which activities.

What If A Third Party Is To Blame For The Accident?

If a member of the general public caused the accident, legal responsibility depends on the circumstances around what happened. The member of the public may be liable, but your ‘employer’ could be liable as well.

Self-Employed Claims – Free Initial Advice

If you’re unsure about whether you can make a claim, please phone us on 0800 056 4110 for a free initial consultation about your case. With years of experience representing self-employed people, our workplace accident solicitors are best placed to help you.

Contact us today

For a free initial consultation

Prefer not to call

Use our form

© 2016 Irwin Mitchell LLP is Authorised & Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our Regulatory Information.