Whether you want to write a Will, contest a Will or deal with the estate and wishes of a loved one, our expert lawyers can offer all the legal support that you need.
Work with us and you’ll get clear, cost-effective advice from a team of specialists who understand that this can be a difficult time for you and your family. We’ll also work sensitively and professionally to ease the stress as much as possible.
Writing A Will
Many people put off writing a Will, believing that they’re too young to think about it, that it’s too expensive or that thinking about death is just too upsetting.
There are many reasons why you shouldn’t put off making a Will, including:
- You can make sure your money and property goes to the people you care about
- You can reduce the amount of inheritance tax paid
- You can choose who should look after your children if they are orphaned
- You can leave particular items of sentimental or financial value to named people
- You can leave money to a charity
- You can leave instructions about your funeral, such as whether you would like to buried or cremated
We have written more than 500,000 Wills, so have all the experience needed to help you. You can choose to write your Will online, on questionnaires sent by post or you can make an appointment to meet one of our experts.
Find out more about writing a Will
Dealing With A Loved One’s Estate
Dealing with the finances, property and other affairs of a loved one who has died can be very difficult and traumatic.
If you have been named as an executor in a loved one’s Will, or you need to deal with the estate of someone who didn’t make a Will, we can help you.
The process can seem very complicated but we can help you in a range of ways including:
- Understanding the Will
- Applying for the “Grant of Probate” that gives you permission to deal with the estate
- Completing Inheritance Tax returns
- Organising the distribution of money and property to the right people as set out in the Will
- Helping you sell a property or transfer it to a new owner
- Managing the entire process from beginning to end
You can choose which elements you would like us to help with. Whichever you choose, you can be sure that you’re dealing with experienced lawyers who understand the process inside out, giving peace of mind that everything is being dealt with correctly.
Find out more about dealing with a loved one’s estate
Contesting A Will
As modern families become more complicated, it is becoming increasingly common for disputes to arise over a loved one’s Will. This can make what is already an incredibly difficult time ever more stressful.
If you would like to contest a Will because you think you have not been provided for, or if someone else is contesting a Will that you are dealing with, it’s important to get expert advice.
Our Wills disputes team are nationally recognised for their expertise in this area. We have experience in helping people to contest a Will in a range of circumstances, including when:
- The deceased should have made extra provision for you
- Someone is claiming they should have left extra money or property in the Will
- The Will is lost
- There is a dispute with, or between, executors
We work for clients across the UK and can offer a range of funding options, sometimes including No Win No Fee. We’ll work to explain what’s happening in clear language so that you always understand what progress is being made.
For a free, no-obligation consultation call us on 0870 1500 100. Alternatively, contact us online.
Find out more about contesting a Will