Our expert spinal injury lawyers will provide you with free initial advice on your compensation claim and with our No Win No Fee agreements there's no financial risk to you if you're unsuccessful*.
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal injury, perhaps in an accident, you will know how much your life has changed. Things that you once took for granted, like going to the shops, getting into the shower or climbing into bed will now take a huge amount of effort and energy, or may not even be possible. You will face new barriers going about your everyday business like working, driving or recreational activities.
If someone else is to blame for causing your spinal injury, you may want to seek compensation. That money will not make everything right again, but it will make life a lot easier. It can:
- Pay for adaptations to your home (e.g. ramps, bath lifts, hoists, extensions)
- Pay for a car that you can drive and/or access easily
- Compensate you for the fact that you have lost wages, or cannot return to work
- Pay for private health care to make sure you receive the best treatment without delay
- Compensate you for your pain and suffering
- Pay for any expenses you have had to pay for, such as travel costs to and from hospital appointments
- Above all, secure rehabilitation and therapy to help maximise your independence
How Irwin Mitchell Can Help With Your Spinal Injury Compensation Claim
“They kept us well informed and made us feel part of the process. They made me feel like they knew what they were doing. I had complete confidence in them.” Brian, London
We have a specialist team of personal injury solicitors who work tirelessly to get proper compensation for clients who have suffered spinal cord injuries through someone else’s fault. If you have a spinal injury compensation claim, you need a specialist and we have many years experience of working for clients in this area.
As well as seeking the right level of compensation for you, our solicitors will help you to access top quality medical care, rehabilitation and support and to make arrangements for your long-term future. We have close links with organisations that provide spinal cord care and rehabilitation and use those links to get you the help you may need.
We will listen carefully to what has happened and get the evidence we need to prove your case. All you have to do is talk to us, we will do the rest. We will talk you through each part of your case.
Choose us for your spinal cord injury claim and you will benefit from:
- An early investigation of who is to blame for your injuries
- Early compensation payments where possible to pay for private healthcare, rehabilitation and to help to pay your bills if you can’t work
- Expert advice on state benefits, your employment rights and other financial issues
- Help if you need it from Solicitors in our other departments, such as financial planning, personal injury trusts, wills advice and power of attorney
Featured Client Story
Alison was a Major in the Army when she suffered a severe spinal injury in a road incident in France. We supported Alison through her legal claim, allowing her to access rehabilitation and stay in her own home.
Read more about how we helped Alison
Our Experience In Spinal Injury Claims And Support
We have helped many clients to claim compensation after a spinal injury and this experience means we are recognised in the Spinal Injury Association’s directory, as well as the leading guides to the legal profession, the Legal 500 and Chambers And Partners.
As well as helping people claim compensation, we work closely with charities and support groups to improve the standards of care and support available to people with spinal injuries. Groups that we support include:
- Spinal Injuries Association
- Brain and Spine Foundation
For more information on our spinal injury work, follow us on Twitter: @IMSpinalInjury.
Contact Us For Expert Advice On Making A Spinal Injury Claim
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal injury, contact us to talk about making a claim. Call our experts free or contact us online and we will get back to you.
“the very professional and knowledgeable team at Irwin Mitchell is very well regarded for its experience handling spinal and brain injury claims” ”
Legal 500 2011
"The firm houses a wide array of of expertise covering catastrophic brain, neurotrauma and spinal injuries."
Chambers & Partners 2012
The above information relates to the law and procedures in England and Wales.
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.
All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.