When caring for family members and loved ones, it is essential their best interests are put first, to protect all they have worked so hard for. In certain circumstances, family members and loved ones may no longer have the mental capacity required to make important decisions regarding their finances. In this instance, our Court of Protection solicitors can help.
The Court of Protection is the judicial body responsible for making decisions relating to the management of finances and other affairs of those individuals who lack the mental capacity to do so themselves.
How Will Our Expert Court Of Protection Solicitors Help You?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of solicitors, we have a dedicated and experienced team who specialise in all matters relating to the Court of Protection. We are in the perfect position to help you if:
- You are responsible for managing someone else’s affairs
- You are concerned about the ability of someone else to manage your affairs
- You are concerned about the ability of someone to manage another person’s affairs
- You are concerned about your own ability to manage your affairs
- There is a dispute or uncertainty about someone’s ability to make decisions for him/herself
- There is a dispute about what social care, residence or medical treatment is in a person’s best interests
Experienced Lawyers Count When Dealing With Court Of Protection Matters
Our expert team is the largest in the country and we have many years of experience in dealing with the Court of Protection.
We can help you in a range of areas, including:
- Appointing a deputy or acting as a deputy
- Lasting Powers of Attorney or Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Statutory Wills and trusts
- Personal injury trusts, including those for children
- Court of Protection health and welfare disputes
A Dedicated Service You Can Trust
You can rely on us to provide you with expert legal advice and we can help you with all financial management matters, from planning and investments, to tax returns and accounting. And you can be sure that our fees and rates are fair they are set and assessed by the Court.
Legal aid may also be available for disputes about health and welfare.
Our Court of Protection and Power of Attorney lawyers are based around the country, with experts in these major cities:
Committed To Making A Difference
Our commitment to providing the highest quality of service to all of our clients is evidenced by our membership of a number of professional bodies, giving us added insight into the Court of Protection and surrounding issues. We are members of:
- The Panel of Court Appointed Deputies
- The Deputy’s Forum
- The Joint Liaison Group of the Court of Protection
For further information or for a free, no-obligation consultation, please call our expert and experienced team today on 0870 1500 100 or contact us online and we will get back to you.
“Irwin Mitchell is a market leader in Court of protection field, with national reach in cutting-edge deputyship, welfare, will, and receivership work.”
Legal 500 2012
“Irwin Mitchell have been committed to Court of Protection matters for a long time. Irwin Mitchell has been very good at expanding its team and learning how to do these cases.”
Chambers & Partners 2013