When caring for family members and loved ones, it is essential their best interests are put first, to protect all they have worked so hard for. In certain circumstances, family members and loved ones may no longer have the mental capacity required to make important decisions regarding their finances. In this instance, our Court of Protection solicitors can help.
The Court of Protection is the judicial body responsible for making decisions relating to the management of finances and other affairs of those individuals who lack the mental capacity to do so themselves.
How Will Our Expert Court Of Protection Solicitors Help You?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of solicitors, we have a dedicated and experienced team who specialise in all matters relating to the Court of Protection. We are in the perfect position to help you if:
- You are responsible for managing someone else’s affairs
- You are concerned about the ability of someone else to manage your affairs
- You are concerned about the ability of someone to manage another person’s affairs
- You are concerned about your own ability to manage your affairs
- There is a dispute or uncertainty about someone’s ability to make decisions for him/herself
- There is a dispute about what social care, residence or medical treatment is in a person’s best interests
Our Public Law team can also offer advice on how Part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014 might affect you - please follow this link for more information along with some useful factsheets and template letters.
Experienced Lawyers Count When Dealing With Court Of Protection Matters
Our expert team is the largest in the country and we have many years of experience in dealing with the Court of Protection.
We can help you in a range of areas, including:
- Appointing a deputy or acting as a deputy
- Lasting Powers of Attorney or Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Statutory Wills and trusts
- Personal injury trusts, including those for children
- Court of Protection health and welfare disputes
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
A Dedicated Service You Can Trust
You can rely on us to provide you with expert legal advice and we can help you with all financial management matters, from planning and investments, to tax returns and accounting. And you can be sure that our fees and rates are fair as they are set and assessed by the Court.
Legal aid may also be available for disputes about health and welfare.
Our Court of Protection and Power of Attorney lawyers are based around the country, with experts in these major cities:
Committed To Making A Difference
Our commitment to providing the highest quality of service to all of our clients is evidenced by our membership of a number of professional bodies, giving us added insight into the Court of Protection and surrounding issues. We are members of:
- The Panel of Court Appointed Deputies
- The Deputy’s Forum
- The Joint Liaison Group of the Court of Protection
In October 2015 we celebrated the 25th anniversary of our Court of Protection department. You can find out more about our team's history here.
For further information or for a free, no-obligation consultation, please call our expert and experienced team today on 0370 1500 100 or contact us online and we will get back to you.
”The professionalism shown by the entire team is admirable.”
Legal 500 2015
"It's a very approachable department. They have knowledge of all aspects of anything you could need help on.
Chambers & Partners 2016