0370 1500 100
Request a call back
Send us an email
Request a call back
Send us an email
I am an Associate in the International Personal Injury team specialising in group action work as well as dealing with highly complex individual matters. I deal with claims from the first point of contact through to conclusion. Over my 15 years with Irwin Mitchell I have worked on some of the largest group action claims against tour operators, securing millions of pounds worth of compensation for people who have suffered illness and whose holidays have been spoilt.
I have a proven track record at trial and have worked on ground breaking cases including the case of Eldridge and Others, which resulted in a judgment against a large UK tour operator when our clients became ill after holidays in Majorca.
I've dealt with a number of complex legionnaires cases where people have been left with significant injuries and have also experience in dealing with fatal accident claims. I have dealt with a wide variety of cases where people have suffered injury after an accident abroad.
I chose a career in law because I have always had a strong sense of justice and really wanted the opportunity to work with people on a day to day basis.
I am passionate about helping clients get the best possible result and I love the thrill of a successful negotiation and the team approach that is taken to the work I do.
I love the diversity that IM offers and the passion and empathy that is instilled in the team that work for IM.
I love live music events and any opportunity to have a dance. I enjoy camping and walking. I also enjoy theatre and comedy and am an avid reader that can often be found with my head buried in a crime thriller.
“The hand, foot and mouth disease outbreak at the Family Life Mar De Menorca is obviously extremely concerning as children are more susceptible to the disease and the hotel is advertised as a 'destination well suited to families'.
“The people who have contacted us were shocked that they were not informed of the outbreak before they arrived as many of them would not have chosen to stay at the hotel had they known of the problems. This is of particular concern for some holidaymakers who had young children and were pregnant at the time of their holidays.
“It is spread from person to person and can be spread from contact with contaminated surfaces so proper hygiene measures are key to the prevention of the spread of the infection. Our clients have told us that not all guests who were reporting illness were confined to their rooms and that they did not see many additional precautions in place to reduce the spread of the disease.
“They have also reported to us concerns they have about how details of the outbreak were communicated to guests at the hotel and they also have a number of hygiene and safety concerns we will be investigating in the hope of providing them with some answers about the way this outbreak was handled.
“We would like to hear from anyone who suffered similar problems at the hotel this summer who may be able to help with our investigations.”
“Clearly, the last few months have been absolutely devastating for Susan and her family who have lost a husband, father and grandfather. They are struggling to come to terms with the loss of Ted and are desperate to understand how he fell so ill resulting in his tragic death.
“Sadly, this case illustrates all too clearly the serious complications gastric illnesses can have for some victims, as well as their families and friends.
“Susan has informed us of a number of serious concerns both of them had about the standards of the hotel, which she believes caused Ted’s initial illness.
“We have launched our own investigations into this tragic loss of life and we hope the tour operator Thomas Cook will do everything they possibly can to provide answers to Susan’s questions as well as reassurance.”
“The illness the Barracloughs suffered during their break in Mexico was very stressful for them and significantly impacted their enjoyment of the holiday.
“It is extremely concerning to hear that other holidaymakers may have been suffering the same problems and that the illness outbreak may have been more widespread than these two families. We know from experience that Cryptosporidium can cause a great deal of discomfort for victims and can lead to longer-term problems that people may never fully recover from.
“We have now begun our own investigations into the cause of the illness suffered during their holidays and we would urge anyone else who suffered gastric illness symptoms while staying at the Sandos Caracol to contact us to help with our investigations.”
“This large family holiday was completely ruined by illness which has led to them to come to us to help them get the answers they deserve about what caused them to fall so ill.
“Illnesses of this nature are very serious and can, in some cases, lead to long-term impacts, or even fatalities. The immediate priority now is ensuring anyone affected receives the help and support they need, as well as identifying the cause of the illness as soon as possible.
“As we conduct our investigations we ask anyone who has stayed at the Club Omar Khayam and may be able to help provide information about the conditions, to get in contact with us as they may be able to help with our enquiries.”