Our client was visiting her local butchers shop and within the shop is a small cafe. The client, who walks with the aid of a walking stick, was seated at one of the tables with her husband. She got up from the table to visit the toilet and as she tried to manoeuvre around the table she caught her leg on one of the table's legs that protruded. As a result she lost her balance and fell heavily onto the surround of a wood burning stove, suffering injury.
An ambulance was called and our client was taken to hospital. She had suffered soft tissue injuries to her wrist, chest, knees and ankle and had difficulty breathing. The client, who is registered disabled, experienced significant pain for several weeks after the accident.
We helped the client to make a claim and she received £2,000 in compensation.
Back to Client Story