The family of a Newcastle man who died from an asbestos-related disease, have received £149,000 in compensation.
Our client tragically died in April 2008 after being diagnosed with mesothelioma, a terminal cancer of the lining of the lung caused by exposure to asbestos.
His condition was critical when first diagnosed. He had started to have severe chest pains and became increasingly breathless.
After a series of tests at the hospital he was told that he had only 6 months left to live.
He worked for A&B Painters Limited preparing and painting boilers in schools' boiler rooms. He was exposed to vast amounts of asbestos dust when he was sent by his employer to fix pipework off-site.
The claim was settled before going to trial by Lucy Proctor of Irwin Mitchell.
Back to Client Story