What We Do
Our property litigation solicitors support landlords and tenants on a range of commercial matters.
Acting for clients of all sizes, we regularly advise in complex projects involving large property portfolios and developments.
We can assist in all types of commercial property litigation, including:
- Disputes in connection with development agreements and site assembly issues (including easements and rights of way disputes)
- Contentious and non contentious business lease renewals
- Rent and service charge recovery (including Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery, court proceedings and insolvency proceedings)
- Dilapidations claims
- Disputes over breaches of covenant including forfeiture or relief applications
- Service charge disputes
- Exercising break options
- Recovery of land or premises from unlawful occupiers or squatters
- Lease surrender negotiations
- Disputes over consent to assignment, sub-letting, change of use, alterations
Why Choose Irwin Mitchell?
We act for a diverse range of clients including retailers, developers, investors, financial institutions, educational establishments, charities and property managers. This breadth of experience, together with close integration with our real estate, commercial, restructuring and insolvency teams, allows us to provide a full service offering to our clients.
We offer a highly responsive service, with lawyers always on hand to give clear, solutions-focused advice. Our approach is to get a thorough understanding of your business and its commercial pressures, so that we can provide pragmatic advice that’s grounded in what you’re trying to achieve.
Clients say Chris Perrin is "good at laying the facts down and giving us what we need to make the decision."
Singled out for its "particular expertise in retail landlord and tenant cases."
Legal 500, 2015
“Irwin Mitchell’s property litigation team gives ‘extremely sound, commercial advice which is valued by professionals and clients alike’. Practice head Danny Revitt provides ‘straightforward solutions’."
Legal 500, 2013
"This property litigation team is praised by sources for being 'business-focused' and 'providing realistic, beneficial advice.'"