What We Do
Our specialist team of property litigation solicitors provide practical, commercial advice on all types of property litigation and disputes.
As well as pursuing and defending claims in complex disputes, our property litigation experts provide specialist advice on portfolio management issues and work closely with the Real Estate team to offer a comprehensive service.
We can advise on disputes and litigation in relation to commercial properties as well as residential developments.
Our solicitors act for a broad range of clients, including:
- Financial institutions
- Educational establishments
- Property managers
- Commercial tenants
Why Choose Irwin Mitchell?
Our property litigation lawyers offer a responsive service, providing expert commercial advice to a range of clients. We regularly deal with high profile, complex work and can offer specialist support to even the largest of projects.
Throughout the process we will keep a keen commercial outlook, recognising that disruption to your business needs to be minimised, your reputation needs to be protected, and you need to be clear about the risks involved.
Recent Property litigation Work
- Acted for a national property regeneration company in the successful exercise of a break clause that was subject to complex conditions in relation to a lease of commercial premises
- Acted for a property developer in securing vacant possession of commercial premises from an authorised occupier following the administration of a national retailer, and recovering rent from the occupier
- Acted for two developers in obtaining a court order for possession to enable a multi-million pound development to proceed. This involved defeating a claim for adverse possession on a strip of land occupied by owners of a neighbouring estate
- Acted for a national property investor in successfully recovering rent arrears from a guarantor of a lease of commercial premises, following court proceedings over a contested bankruptcy petition
- Acted for the National Market Traders Federation Castle Indoor Branch providing advice on the transfer of the Sheffield Indoor Market to its new location
- £1.3m plus interest and costs terminal dilapidations claim involving complex diminution in value arguments. The matter settled before trial for £300k including interest and costs
- Claim for an injunction and damages (c. £1m) arising out of a derogation from grant in a lease of premises in Stoke. The claim was settled by way of mediation
Clients say Danny Revitt of Irwin Mitchell "is aware of how our portfolio operates and is very proactive."
Chris Perrin "is excellent at explaining the law in succinct terms."
Legal 500, 2015
“Danny Revitt of Irwin Mitchell in Sheffield is noted for his strength in assisting clients with contentious business lease renewals, service charge and dilapidations claims, and litigious rights of way.”
“Chris Perrin of Irwin Mitchell is praised by market observers for his efficiency and quick turnaround time.”
“[Chris Perrin’s advice has] been excellent throughout” and he “managed the mediation process yesterday very professionally.”
FD of PLC leisure company
“You have done sterling work on our behalf for which we thank you. I am already recommending you should anyone be in need of your services.”
MD of regional property agent