What We Do
Our specialist team of property litigation solicitors provide practical, commercial advice on all types of property litigation and disputes.
As well as pursuing and defending claims in complex disputes, our property litigation experts provide specialist advice on portfolio management issues and work closely with the Real Estate team to offer a comprehensive service.
We can advise on disputes and litigation in relation to commercial properties as well as residential developments.
Our solicitors act for a broad range of clients, including:
- Financial institutions
- Educational establishments
- Property managers
- Commercial tenants
Why Choose Irwin Mitchell?
Our property litigation lawyers offer a responsive service, providing expert commercial advice to a range of clients. We regularly deal with high profile, complex work and can offer specialist support to even the largest of projects.
Throughout the process we will keep a keen commercial outlook, recognising that disruption to your business needs to be minimised, your reputation needs to be protected, and you need to be clear about the risks involved.
Recent Property litigation Work
- Acted for a national property regeneration company in the successful exercise of a break clause that was subject to complex conditions in relation to a lease of commercial premises
- Acted for a property developer in securing vacant possession of commercial premises from an authorised occupier following the administration of a national retailer, and recovering rent from the occupier
- Acted for two developers in obtaining a court order for possession to enable a multi-million pound development to proceed. This involved defeating a claim for adverse possession on a strip of land occupied by owners of a neighbouring estate
- Acted for a national property investor in successfully recovering rent arrears from a guarantor of a lease of commercial premises, following court proceedings over a contested bankruptcy petition
- Acted for the National Market Traders Federation Castle Indoor Branch providing advice on the transfer of the Sheffield Indoor Market to its new location
- £1.3m plus interest and costs terminal dilapidations claim involving complex diminution in value arguments. The matter settled before trial for £300k including interest and costs
- Claim for an injunction and damages (c. £1m) arising out of a derogation from grant in a lease of premises in Stoke. The claim was settled by way of mediation
“Irwin Mitchell’s property litigation team gives ‘extremely sound, commercial advice which is valued by professionals and clients alike’. Practice head Danny Revitt provides ‘straightforward solutions’. Clients include River Island and Persimmon Homes.”
Legal 500, 2013
"Irwin Mitchell’s property litigation team gives extremely sound, commercial advice which is valued by professionals and clients alike."
Legal 500, 2013
“The property litigation team at Irwin Mitchell are also noted for being ’Responsive, and keen to offer solutions rather than just point out problems.’"
Legal 500, 2013
"This property litigation team is praised by sources for being 'business-focused' and 'providing realistic, beneficial advice.'"
"Department head Danny Revitt is praised for his 'excellent knowledge, together with pragmatism and a willingness to seek a negotiated conclusion.'"
“Chris [Perrin] wins praise for his comprehensive, helpful and practical advice”
“[Chris Perrin’s advice has] been excellent throughout” and he “managed the mediation process yesterday very professionally”
“You have done sterling work on our behalf for which we thank you. I am already recommending you should anyone be in need of your services.”