Slip & Trip Compensation Claims | Irwin Mitchell Solicitors

Our expert personal injury lawyers will provide you with free initial advice on your compensation claim and with our No Win No Fee agreements there's no financial risk to you if you're unsuccessful*.

Can You Claim Compensation For A Slip Or Trip Injury?

If you have slipped or tripped and injured yourself, you may be able to make a compensation claim. Slips and trips can lead to anything from bruising or whiplash to torn muscles or broken bones.  This can mean you need time off work and intensive medical treatment.

Making a compensation claim can provide the financial support you need to cover lost earnings and other expenses such as medical care. We have helped people to claim compensation following slips and falls in many locations, including:

Our specialist personal injury solicitors have years of experience in slip and trip claims, so you can be sure that we know how to get the best outcome for you. We will work professionally and use all our expertise to help you make a successful claim.

How Our Solicitors Can Help With Your Claim

If you slipped or fell in a public place or on commercial premises such as in a shop, the owners or occupiers have a duty to make sure you are kept safe. If we can prove that your accident was caused by them failing in that duty, we should be able to make a strong case for you.

We have helped people to claim compensation from local authorities and councils, businesses and even their employer, so we know the best way to manage your claim, no matter where your accident took place.

Talk to our experts, free of charge, and we will give you our honest opinion on your chances of making a successful claim.

Expertise In Slip And Trip Claims

“She was such a nice person, you couldn’t help but like her. A really lovely person who knew her job back to front, a specialist.” William, Birmingham
Read more client testimonials

We have a team of specialist personal injury solicitors who have years of experience in handling claims for personal injuries following falls and slips.  If you have slipped and it wasn’t your fault, call us for free advice about whether you can claim compensation for your injuries.

Sometimes slips and trips happen so quickly and can be so embarrassing that it is hard to remember exactly what happened.  We can help you find witnesses to the accident and we can visit the scene to try and find out who was to blame. We can also consult the accident book if your slip was recorded in one – most businesses are required to have one of these so they are often very useful in helping us build your case. Even if you think that you do not have enough information to make a claim, call us and we will investigate all of the details of your case.

If we think that you have a claim for compensation, we will fight for your right to receive that compensation and can also help you to access rehabilitation, physiotherapy and other support to help you to recover as quickly as possible.  Personal injury claims can sometimes take a while to reach a final settlement, but if you need money in the meantime to help you to pay your bills or pay for private medical treatment to help you to recover more quickly we will ask the court to pay you some of your compensation early.

Contact Us For A Free Consultation

As one of the largest personal injury teams in the UK, you can rely on us to help you to claim compensation and ensure that you receive the medical support that you need. Call us for free advice or contact us online.


Legal 500

“Leading player" Irwin Mitchell "handles every case thoroughly and compassionately."

Legal 500 2015

Chambers 2016 

"They are excellent, very knowledgeable and considerate to their clients, in whom they take a personal interest."

Chambers & Partners 2016

Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.


The above information relates to the law in England and Wales.

* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.

All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.

Call our experts FREE on:

0800 056 4110

Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.

No Win No Fee