Who Was Dr Rod Irvine?
Dr Rod Irvine was a gynaecologist working in a number of NHS establishments and also in private practices in the south of England. He previously worked as a consultant at:
- Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup
- Princess Royal Hospital, Bromley
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich.
- Blackneath Hospital (private)
- Chelsfield Park Hospital (private)
- Fawkham Manor Hospital (private)
- Portland Hospital (private)
- Lister Hospital (private)
- Wellington Clinic, Harley Street (private)
Mr Irvine was suspended from practice in November 2012 after it emerged that there had been some concerns over the treatment he had given to female patients.
Cases We Are Investigating
In 2013, it was revealed that 2,000 women had been contacted by the (now dissolved) South London Healthcare Trust to inform them that there were concerns with their treatment by Mr Irvine. The General Medical Council is now investigating a number of complaints against Mr Irvine and have placed restrictions upon his practice.
Our solicitors are currently investigating various allegations against Mr Irvine on behalf of clients, including:
- Delay in the diagnosis of cancer
- Failure to follow clinical protocols
- Surgical errors such as damage to organs
- Failure to deal with obvious infections
- Failure to obtain consent appropriately
- Inappropriate and intimidating behaviour towards patients
These cases are in respect to treatments via the NHS and in private practice.
How You Can Claim
Our expert team has previous experience in similar cases, having represented clients who were mistreated by other doctors facing multiple claims such as Manjit Bhamra in Rotherham and Rob Jones in Cornwall.
If you believe you have been mistreated by Dr Irvine in the NHS or in private practice, please contact us online and we will get back to you.
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.