0370 1500 100
Request a call back
Send us an email
Request a call back
Send us an email
I joined Irwin Mitchell in January 2006 and was one of the first members of staff in our Manchester office, joining the firm to set up our Asbestos Litigation department in the North West. I trained as a barrister and was called to the bar in 1995, later qualifying as a solicitor in 1998 with a niche practice. I have 10 years of specialist experience of representing victims of asbestos disease, and acted for a lead claimant in the important mesothelioma test case, Fairchild & others, successful at appeal in the House of Lords.
"Geraldine Coombs has a long-standing reputation as an expert in asbestos-related industrial disease matters" - Chambers & Partners 2015
Noted for her handling of complex cases - Chambers & Partners 2014
"personable and dedicated." - Chambers & Partners 2012
“Mesothelioma is an aggressive form of cancer which is always caused by asbestos exposure. The dangers of asbestos have been known for decades and warnings as well as adequate protection should have been offered to those in contact with asbestos.
“The sad fact is that employers took short cuts with safety measures and did not protect their employees from breathing in asbestos dust. Joan is a very much loved mother and grandmother. Her whole family is devastated by her diagnosis and illness.”
“Balliol House where Joan worked has been demolished. We would like to speak to anyone who worked at Balliol House during 1975 and 1991, who could give information about asbestos exposure there.”
“Brian’s family was devastated by his death. Beryl and Brian married in 1958 and Brian was a much loved husband, father and grandfather.
“He told his family he was exposed to asbestos whilst working on the construction of the Royal Infirmary in Huddersfield and we hope anyone who remembers working with him at the site or anyone with information about who the main contractors were at the site or the use of asbestos materials there will come forward to help the family.”
“Eric died very soon after his diagnosis with mesothelioma so he was unable to give information himself about his time at the AC-Delco factory in Kirkby and full details about how he came into contact with asbestos at work.
“We would like to speak to anyone who worked at AC Delco between the 1950’s and 1990’s, particularly anyone with information about asbestos.
“Mesothelioma is an aggressive form of cancer which is almost always caused by asbestos exposure. The dangers of asbestos have been known for a very long time and we hope by issuing this appeal that we can help Eric’s family get the answers they want about his exposure to asbestos.”
I’m very keen to speak to anyone who worked with Mavis at Halle Models or elsewhere who might have information about how Mavis came into contact with asbestos. If you worked with Mavis you might have vital information about her working conditions and we are asking for your help.
“Mesothelioma is a terrible disease for which there is currently no cure. The dangers of asbestos exposure have been known since the turn of the century. Employers took chances with asbestos in this country and people like Mavis have paid the price. Mavis’ case highlights the devastating consequences of asbestos exposure.
“It usually takes decades from breathing in asbestos dust for the symptoms of asbestos disease to take hold. Because of the time-lag it can be difficult to investigate how and when exposure to asbestos happened so we hope as many people as possible come forward to help Mavis’ family get answers.”
Enter your details below and we'll call you back, at a time of your choice.