As Official Legal Partner of England Rugby, Irwin Mitchell are there for all the moments the matter both on and off the field.
We know that rugby clubs are the heartbeat of the community and that’s why we are donating £10,000 to a special grassroots rugby cause. All you need to do to enter is, in less than 500 words, tell us about a special moment that really matters to you and your rugby club.
Does your club have a George Leach, who's dedicated 70 years of his life to create moments that matter for his rugby club? Or Painswick Rugby Club, who've created a family environment where there can be up to seven brothers playing on the same team, creating moments that matter and memories that last a lifetime? Click here now to watch their stories and get inspired.
Your entry doesn’t need to be rugby related. It could be something your club does for the community, like setting up a tea morning to allow the elderly residents to socialise. It’s simply about celebrating the people that make rugby so special and helping to create more moments that matter in the future.
Read our competition Terms and Conditions.
Find about more about the legal and financial services we offer our clients, so they can plan for the future and enjoy the moments that matter.
Rugby Moments That Matter
Here are just a few stories of how local rugby teams have inspired people from all walks of life.
Moments That Matter Competition Terms And Conditions (T&Cs)
YOU MUST READ THESE T&Cs BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. YOU AGREE TO THESE T&Cs: By participating in the Competition, you confirm that you have read and understood these T&Cs. By submitting your Entry, you agree to be bound by these T&Cs. You acknowledge that all decisions of the Judging Panel (see section 8) are final and binding. Winning the Competition is subject to complying with these T&Cs.
2. PROMTER: The Competition is sponsored by Irwin Mitchell LLP (IM LLP). IM LLP is a law firm, regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. In sponsoring the Competition, IM LLP reserves its rights in full to comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
3. COMPETITION: This Competition is being run as part of IM LLP’s partnership with the Telegraph. You must nominate a rugby club or club member (Rugby Club) and write in your own words (no more than 500 words) describing how the Rugby Club created ‘Moments that Matter’. The Competition is to support grassroots rugby in allowing Rugby Clubs, its members and volunteers to continue making Moments that Matter for their communities and members. We will accept examples such as George Leach, a 96 year old who has been the heartbeat of his Rugby Club for 70 years (Competition).
4. ELIGIBILITY: This Competition is open to all members of public, subject to the Restrictions (see section 9).
5. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: You must submit your entry via www.irwinmitchell.com/rugbymomentsthatmatter (Entry/Entries), subject to the Restrictions (see section 9)
6. ENTRY PERIOD: The Competition will start on 12 August 2023 and end on 14 September 2023 (Entry Period). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified and not be eligible for the Competition.
7. PRIZE: The Rugby Club with the best nomination shall be the winner of the Competition, and win a £10,000 BACS payment (Prize). The winning Rugby Club must provide IM LLP with details of its nominated bank account to which the Prize will be credited. IM LLP will use all reasonable endeavours to credit the Prize into the Rugby Club’s nominated bank account within 60 days of selecting the winner. IM LLP will notify the Rugby Club of any changes. The Prize may only be used by the Rugby Club to further its goals and objectives to create more Moments that Matter, for example, purchasing equipment or repairing its premises to provide better facilities for its members and the wider community (Purpose). No substitution is available for the Prize.
8. SELECTION OF WINNER: All Entries will be jointly reviewed by no later than 31 October 2023 by a panel of independent judges from Irwin Mitchell LLP, the Telegraph and the Rugby Football Union (Judging Panel). IM LLP will attempt to notify the winning Rugby Club by no later than 30 November 2023 of being selected. If IM LLP is unable to contact the Rugby Club during this period, the Prize will be withdrawn and given to a runner up of the Competition. No compensation will be available.
a. Entrants must:
- be a resident of the United Kingdom (including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland);
- be 18 years of age or over;
- not be employees (including family members of such employees) of the IM Group;
- submit one entry only (Restrictions).
b. The winning Rugby Club must only use the Prize for the Purpose (see section 7).
10. USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA: By submitting your Entry to participate in the Competition, you agree:
a. that your personal data will be collected and processed by IM LLP to execute the Competition;
b. to IM LLP using your name, LinkedIn profile address and other information as required for promotional purposes relating to the Competition once your Entry is received, and if your Entry is chosen as the winner;
c. that your personal information will not be shared with any third party without your consent.
11. WARRANTY AND REPRESENTATION: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that the Entry:
a. is original, entirely your work and is being submitted on your behalf;
b. does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, confidentiality or any other rights of any third party;
c. does not violate any law or regulation; or
d. is not offensive, degrading, political or conflicts with public morality.
12. CANCELLATION: If IM LLP is required to cancel the Competition at any time for any reason (for example, legal, regulatory, financial or reputational reasons), the Competition would be rescheduled for a future date and IM LLP will notify you.
13. QUESTIONS: If you have any questions regarding this Competition, please contact Adam.Beacock@irwinmitchell.com.