Sophie is involved in both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters having considerable experience of a full range of insolvency matters over several years in the industry.
She regularly acts for lenders and corporates on refinancing and works closely with company directors and individuals. She provides advice to administrators, liquidators, trustees in bankruptcy, receivers and creditors on all aspects of the insolvency process and in an advisory capacity.
Sophie deals with both litigious insolvency matters and transactional work through pre-packaged administration sales and purchases and advises on supply chain issues and retention of title. She is also involved in the process of the enforcement of security via the LPA receivership and administration processes, acting for several banks.
- Acted for a client in purchasing the business and assets of a producer of confectionary in Bradford. As part of the team working on the matter she advised on the sale and purchase agreement and various licences to occupy the properties. The transaction was completed less than 72 hours after being instructed by the client. The purchase resulted in saving the jobs of 350 employees, and enabled the business to continue trading.
- Advised on a complex bankruptcy matter acting for the trustee in bankruptcy, involving cross border and COMI issues and complex trust matters relating to the realisation of inherited property.
- Advised and acted for a bank client in successfully defending various injunctive proceedings relating to the validity of charges, appointment of LPA Receivers, the capacity of the chargor and undue influence.
- Acted for the administrators of a vehicle manufacturing company in the sale and purchase of the company’s assets. This included negotiating and completing the agreement, advising on various licences to occupy the premises, retention of title claims and debt recovery proceedings against certain of the company’s debtors.
- Advised and defended directors of a limited company concerning their liability due under personal guarantees to the chargee following the liquidation of the company.
- Acted for the purchaser in purchasing the business and assets of a designer of specialist pharmaceutical equipment, saving several jobs and enabling the business to continue trading as a going concern.