I am a Solicitor in the Wills, Trusts and Estate Disputes team based in our London office. I advise clients in the UK and internationally, on a wide range of contentious private client matters including:
- Contesting a will
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) 1975
- Disputes between executors, trustees and beneficiaries
- Breach of trust claims
- Claims against executors regarding the administration of an estate
- Disputes regarding statutory wills and lasting powers of attorney
- Claims regarding ownership of property, often by an unmarried couple
- Claims for a share in an estate under the doctrine of proprietary estoppel
What Inspired You To Get Into Law?
I always wanted a career that was both intellectually challenging and involved working closely with people, particularly in the context of families and relationships. Working at Irwin Mitchell strikes that balance perfectly.
What Is The Most Rewarding Aspect Of Your Role?
Advising a client of their legal rights and the remedies available to them for the first time is hugely rewarding. It's even more rewarding when we can then invoke those rights to get the outcome they're looking for.
What Do You Like About Working At Irwin Mitchell?
Unquestionably, it's the fantastic people I work with on a daily basis who really care about their colleagues and clients. It is truly a diverse and inclusive firm that I'm proud to be a part of.
What Do You Do Outside The Office?
I've loved getting back into netball since starting my training contract with Irwin Mitchell, especially our annual Boys v Girls charity match. I enjoy travelling (particularly to sunny destinations) and just outside of London to visit my adorable nephew. I also enjoy yoga and good food with friends.