Samantha advises on all aspects of Employment Law, working closely with her clients to achieve practical and commercial outcomes. She has particular experience in contentious matters, having represented businesses in various employment claims, including breach of contract, unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and complex discrimination matters.
Samantha also provides strategic advice to businesses to support them with their HR needs. This includes advising on redundancies, disciplinary and grievance matters and also drafting contracts of employments, policies and procedures. She also has experience in negotiating severance packages and advising on exit packages.
- Supported a national facilities management business in changing its contracts of employment and handbook. This was a significant exercise involving the review of over 50 different types of contract.
- Successfully defended a claim brought against an international bank by one of its former employees for unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- Advised a national materials supplier business in relation to a collective consultation process.
- Acted for an international facilities management business in a complex discrimination and unfair dismissal claim.
- Carried out training programmes for clients, including an international manufacturing business, a national chain of nurseries and a college of further education.
Samantha qualified as a solicitor in 2009.