Robert is a senior associate in our national Banking and Finance team. He advises lenders and borrowers on all aspects of banking and finance including real estate finance (both investment and development), corporate M&A, corporate and commercial banking and asset based lending. Robert also specialises in affordable housing finance and has experience with loan and security arrangements with charities.
Robert has developed a reputation for being one of the leading solicitors for his level of qualification in the Yorkshire region. He has been recognised by Chambers & Partners as one of two "associates to watch" in the banking and finance sector, two years in a row.
He regularly advises the Bank of Ireland, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group and Santander.
- Advising Santander on cross collateralised loan facilities made available to a UK based LLP and a St Kitts and Nevis based company to refinance property investments in London.
- Advising a private lender on a number of facilities with total debt in excess of £17m , which involved lending to and taking security from UK and offshore charities.
- Advising a large firm of architects on the refinancing of their bank debt to fund the redemption of preference shares and share warrants.
- Advising NatWest on development loan facilities made available to S Harrison Developments to fund its development projects.
- Advising Lloyds Commercial Finance on restructuring its invoice discounting facilities with leading insulation distributor, Encon Insulation.
- Advising Poundworld Retail on its £26m funding package to fund its continued expansion.
- Advising Lloyds Bank on the Consilia-led management buy-out of synthetic fibre producer, Allied Textiles.
- Providing bespoke precedent loan documentation for a peer to peer lender to use in the context of loans for real estate investment.
- Advising Santander on its term loan and growth capital facilities to northern leisure group, Arc Inspirations.
- Advising Santander on loan facilities to a renowned prestige car dealer to fund a unique underground car park for rare and expensive cars in London and a classic car restoration business.
"Robert Farrell has provided some excellent guidance and practicable commercial facing support." – Legal 500, 2021
"Very practical, solution-based and very responsive... [He has a] can-do attitude that brings matters to conclusion swiftly and to the satisfaction of clients." – Chambers & Partners, 2021 (Associate to Watch)
He has a "great attitude" and is "a pleasure to work with." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
Robert has won praise from clients for demonstrating "great prowess as a lawyer" – Chambers & Partners 2015
"Very impressive on the commercial side of finance transactions" – Legal 500 2016
Robert is also praised for his ability to handle complex mandates – Chambers & Partners 2015