Kirsty is a highly experienced employment partner and tribunal advocate. She advises on all areas of employment law with particular expertise in employment tribunal litigation, senior exits and strategic change programmes in the financial services, construction and university sectors. She provides pragmatic and solutions-driven advice to clients and has worked in the HR function of a major bank. Kirsty sits as a fee-paid employment judge and is also a Scottish qualified solicitor.
- Representing some of the UK’s largest banks and insurance companies in employment tribunal litigation
- Advising a global organisation on the sensitive exit of its Financial Director
- Managing large scale redundancy programmes involving hundreds of exits
- Advising one of the world’s largest banks on a high profile change to its pension and redundancy schemes
- Providing employment law support on strategic and sensitive outsourcing projects
- Advising on collective and union issues.
"Her experience, knowledge and excellent work are directly responsible for many positive outcomes we have achieved." - Chambers & Partners, 2021 (Leading Individual - Band 4)
Kirsty Ayre is "helpful and approachable. She really listens and doesn’t overwhelm you with irrelevant information. You always feel that however busy she is, you have her total attention and support." - Legal 500, 2021 (Leading Individual)
"Kirsty has been absolutely fantastic in assisting me with difficult employment issues," one client says, adding "she is always helpful and approachable, and her calm good sense immediately puts you at ease. You always feel that, however busy she is, you have her total attention and support." – Chambers & Partners, 2020
Kirsty is "pragmatic and sensible" – Legal 500, 2016
Kirsty qualified as a solicitor in 1996.